X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMA events illegal in NY!

(Reprinted from MMA.TV.com)

From mmaweekly.com...

"The following is being sent to all Chinese martial arts organizations since recent changes in New York State law have made ALL Chinese martial arts competitions which include point sparring, continuous sparring, Shuai Chiao, Chi Sau, push hands and San Shou ILLEGAL. The amendment to the current sports law (Section 5A) states that the only legal 'martial arts' competition will be ones sanctioned by organizations on the State Athletic Commission's approved list. This list is

U.S. Judo Association

U.S. Judo, Inc.

U.S. Judo Federation

U.S. Tae Kwon Do Union

North American Sport Karate Association

U.S.A. Karate Foundation

U.S. Karate, Inc.

World Karate Association

Professional Karate Association

Karate International

International Kenpo Association

World Wide Kenpo Association

ONLY these 12 organizations can run events in NY State. Furthermore, the commission has not established any process by which other organizations can be added. If you are not one of the above organizations, they will send police to shut your event down.

Thus, Chinese martial art competitions are now illegal in NY State!

Voice your opposition to this ridiculous list and the fact the commission will not add a Chinese martial art organization to the list

New York State Athletic Commission

123 William Street

20th floor

NY NY 10038

(212) 417-5700

fax (212) 417-4987

Any idea of the reason for this?

Comment

Lipster,

I'm on the periphery of this as I'm now living in Vegas, but I know that there has been a lot of discussion in N.Y. regarding the "regulation" of martial arts events and organizations. This sounds like a typical case of the "spirit of the law" being lost in the "letter of the law". Plus any time politics enters into a situation you can rest assured that things will get totally screwed. I know that the CMA community in N.Y. was caught completely off guard by this legislation and I'm sure that this will be the beginning of a long uphill battle for them. I'd like to hear from Yang Ming's guys who I have no doubt are far more aware of what's going on over there.

Jeff

Comment

go to the kungfumagazine forum (kfo) and on the main kung fu forum there is a petition you can sign there and more detail

dave
        simple and natural is my method,
        true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

some bs i think

I think all that is a bunch of bs.it takes away from the people who want to learn chinese martial arts.but uyou know how things.Looks like the law does not want to look at peoples needs as well as intrests o well.

Comment

Before you get your panties all twisted up over this, just think about one thing.

How are they going to enforce it? And will they bother? And, how long will this stupid law last before some attorney tears it all down in a lawsuit?

If you think about it, they're making the practice of a thousand plus year old sport illegal. Next, bowling? And, how bout that draft? Let's bring that back too, so we can avoid a war next week....

I've come to expect nonsense like this from liberal New York. Just look at their congressmen and their lovely senator (oooh, I get hard just thinking about those hips....) It's amazing the place still functions.

And if you think a petition signed by hundreds of fifteen year old kids who congregate on a martial arts forum is going to change anything, well, .... I've unfortunately been involved in the political process for far too long. There's only four things that change the political wheels of this country: money, votes, lawsuits, and assassinations. Just wait for the first inevitable lawsuit to bring this nonsense tumbling down. Only to be eventually replaced by some other ridiculous law.

Embarassed to be an ex NYC hack,
            doc
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

So unless anyone here has considerable influence over the other three, I guess the only thing for it is assassination.

Any potential assassins interested in this particular assignment, please contact R.Russell at

doc@russbo.com

Thank you

Comment

Who needs help?

I'm bored. **** it, I'll do it myself.

LOL

PS: Lipster, thats the AMERICAN way of getting things done. LOL
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

such a great point

o well. the mfs can kiss my arse lol.there is too much bs going on as is and to make martial arts illegal that is some funny stuff. but as far as this war stuff it is time for me to go again whoopie. hope to come back safe so i can come to train in NV.cant wait.

amituofo

Comment

take care and hope you and everyone comes back safely!

dave

Comment

well guys.

well guys i am off in a few hours.best of wishes to everyone here and thanks for the farewell.I hopefully i can come back and see everyone of you guys in person.well i will keep in touch with doc and everyone in here.See you guys soon.

amituofo

Comment

take care!
                        asalam alaikum (peace from God on you) as we muslims say

dave

Comment

This is a reply from Lipster. For any reason I don't know, the server doesn't let him post and I really wonder why they don't like each other.

"Everyone, let's flood this place with signatures. Pass this around to

other sites too. There're only about 600 at the moment; that's not

really alot...

Nothing's gonna be done if no-one complains...

http://www.petitiononline.com/sanshou/petition.html"

Cheye on behalf of "Big Boy" Lipster
                          Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

am i the only one?

am i the only one that realises that this is condeming competitions NOT teaching ingeneral..or are you all just upset you cant have your little trophies and such?

just a thought...
                            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                            X