Iron Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Shirt

How exactly does Iron Shirt work? Mind over matter, or conditioning or a combination of both or neither?

Iron Shirt is basically a series of Chigong exercises to improve Chi circulation in your body and later use it to strengthen your internal organs so that they will be strong enough to support the impacts. So that's the mind over matter element. I don't know if external conditioning is neccesary, but coupled with conditioning produces pretty effective results.

Peace
    Attached Files

Comment

iron shirt is a method of qigong that also serves to make the body stronger and more dense. my system involves breathing techniques and many different exercises focussing on developing as you say the "bones, tendons and skin". ie. it first works on health and making your posture stronger and correct, then works on developing power from the tendons, then making the skin stronger and more durable. Basically from inside to outside.

Other skills seem to work more from the outside in, but im not sure about those

My skill involves a lot of breathing and a certain breathing technique to literally swallow as much air (qi) as we can. it also involves using such things as bricks, a wall and a wooden club to condition the body and develop the tendon power. Meditation is also most important to balance the body and mind.

After training for a while you do get tested. its similar to the demos you see but the difference being its not fake Things such as: you laying down on the ground and someone landing on your tummy fmro around 6 feet high, repeated punches and kicks to the stomach, chest and back, bricks broken with a sledgehammer on the head, wood (2x4 for example) hit over the tummy, back and other places... that kinda thing.

Some systems like mine have seperate exercises for different things - others are form based.

i find it very good for health and devleoping a clear mind and focussed attitude. if you look at any good skilled person you can see they have "spirit" in their eyes, which is also a product of training hard qigong and gong fu. of course other things do that too but thats just an example

dave
      simple and natural is my method,
      true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Lipster,

Shi Yan Zi is always talking of the importance of external training. That is what the bamboo hall is for

Amitofu.

Comment

Yup, I want to start that. I thought you need permission to use it, but some guys told me that if you just go in there and keep at it, they're OK with that...

Comment

Good Luck with it, and you really must stick to it. Don't push too far, and do what the shifus tell you.
            Amitofu

Comment

good luck with it! i dont have a bamboo hall - gotta use a wall, tree or wooden stick instead
              my shifu said your place looked good when he visitied it one time

dave

Comment

From iron shirt training, would you say the body becomes more durable resulting in less damage and the ability to take a greater amount of damage or would you say the body becomes more resilient resulting in the ability to absorb more force without damage occuring and more reflection of said force?

Comment

both

ive noticed when i train my body becomes more denser around specific areas yet its also more flexible, relaxed and loose. My body connection is also stronger as is my breathing which is related to developing power.

dave

Comment

Alright, now obviously as we all found out during the Boxer rebellion, skin doesn't stop bullets no matter the strength of the chi underneath. But what kind of damage can it stop? And what does it have little effect on? Does blunt force like a club do damage even with iron shirt training? Can it stop a knife point or the cutting action of the blade? Does it take a while to "activate" or is it active all the time?

Comment

well - everyone always brings up the bullet thing when we try to explain iron shirt.... of course it WONT stop a bullet! jeez - somehting travelling so fast even a few inches of solid iron cant so what do u think flesh can? Sorry mate, but ppl who say that just coz we train hard to be stronger and they havent just pisses me off (not meaning you - but its the same as those guys who when u say you do MA go "well i would just pull out my gun").

Well, part of the training is basically hitting yourself wiht a club im not quite there yet but i have had a 2x4 piece of wood smashedover my tummy as i just stood there, literally just bought from the timber shop. Ive also had various people punch and kick me on the front and back to negligable effect.

As far as a knife and tings - well i knife cuts, so its the cutting action that makes you open up. or a stab of course. Hard qigong makes your body denser and teaches how to use energy to dissipate force. But thats not the same as getting poked with a needle is it

No one said it makes you invulnerable, just stronger, healthier and able to use energy better. you have to remember that. if anyone DOES say they can stop that, then i would be wary. its not magic and to get the small level i have i was training around 4 hours a day for 1 1/2 years. So its not "instant" and requires a lot of "kung fu" (hard work).

i would say anyone who REALLY trains hard qigong, iron shirt or whatever they call it wont tell you it makes them invulnerable. They also wont try to dupe u saying its something easy, its a lot of hard work!

dave

Comment

Working...
                      X