Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about drunken form

hi there
    does anyone practiss drunken form?,is there a special training for it?
    Did you practise it at shaolin temple or any temple in China?
    does anyone knows a site that i can watch or download drunken form from it?
    hope replying soon
    thanks

Drunken Style

Well, i suggest you experiment with your own body and develop a feel for drunken boxing before you go learning any strict drunken forms. First thing you need to do is drink some alcohol. CAUTION: do not get plastered, or puking-on-the-catsilly-drunk. Just have a few beers or however much it takes to give you a good buzz (as if this needs to be said, if you don't know you're own alcohol tolerance, don't do this) but still leaving you able to think clearly. After you have achieved minor drunkenness, begin to train. First, stretch. Second, stretch more. Third, stretch anything you havent stretched yet.
    After you've achieved drunkenness and looseness, you can then begin to train experimentally, to see how your body moves loosely and naturally in the drunken state. I recommend falling at the target you intend to strike at first, but make sure that you're feet catch up as your falling forward, so that instead of falling, you transfer you're momentum into your strike.
    Also, remember to keep you feet rooted. This does NOT mean your feet do not move, but simply that as you sway around like a drunk in the wind or a sapling in a strong breeze, you maintain a flexible root into the ground. Rooting is usually done through K1 (Yonguan cavity) in the crevice just behind the ball of the foot. This is especially important in drunken boxing. If your root is stiff, or if you root through your heels or another part of the foot, you're bound to fall on your arss. Which is not to say that falling intentionally is not a big part of drunken boxing, but unintentional falling is not. Anyway, try that out and then start looking for instruction on forms.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

lol

lol

yea..just try what is stated above..lol
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Dao- that was pretty funny...

But seriously, seek qualified instruction as soon as possible. If this is your first martial art then I would choose something less difficult.
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Drunken form is an advanced Shaolin technique. Though I've learned some advanced forms (and can't do them worth a shit, in my opinion), I won't even try to attempt any Drunken stuff. It's really hard to get the proper "flow".

But, the monks, when they learn this style, do partake of the spirits, to help them get in the rhythm. Believe it or not....
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

just making something clear..

just making something clear but doc you know that shaolin isnt the only school that teaches the drunken form..

like clf i think teaches the 8 drunken immortals form or somethin like that..

and other respective styles have their own forms

and do you know if what you saw was wushu or traditional? cuase ive seen wushu pracs doing the drunken form it looks cool but its still..wushu heheh

peace
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I don't know if the drunken forms that I witnessed were purely traditional, or wushu oriented. I think one of them, which I've seen many times, is a traditional form. But, I'm not sure. I never learned any drunken stuff, so I never really inquired into it.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Hung gar has a very nice traditional drunken form. Hmmm, I have a very nice video of someone doing a wushu drunken form, Doc you want I should give it to you and you could post it? Or do you only put up monk performed and shaolin student performed videos?
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                X