HELP: Water Path Small Circulation and the Xi Sui Jing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Water Path Small Circulation and the Xi Sui Jing

Hey, can anyone out there offer some advice for a poor bastard whose just beginning to train the Xi Sui Jing?
    I'm working on the begining right now, namely the steps of Lian Jing Hua Qi and Lian Qi Hua Shen.

Also, is it neccessary to open up the San Guan(3 gates, 3 cavities on the Du Mai or governing vessel) before practicing water path small circulation? (the cavities on Gv, the weilu, the jiaji, and "jade pillow" where the spine meets the skull)

I've found that when I convert Jing into Qi at the Huang Ting, and then lead it into water path small circulation, the energy feels like its entering into my spinal cord from the spaces between the vertabrae throughout the lower part of the spine and then travelling upwards through the spinal cord. Is this abnormal or potentially harmful? Or is it simply because I havent opened up the weilu (tailbone) cavity yet?
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

To explain myself, and the Xi Sui Jing.

Just in case you were wondering, the Xi Sui Jing (aka Da Mo Xi Sui Jing) is the Brain/Marrow Washing Classic, a text rewritten many times which details specific training methods which help a qigong practitioner cultivate longevity and eventually attain enlightenment. The entire training works on the basic premise of conserving your Jing (essence) and then leading the Jing to the lower dan tien and turning it into qi with specific meditative techniques. The new Qi is then led into the Thrusting Vessel (Chong Mai, the spinal cord) and led upwards to nourish the brain and provide an energy source for the shen (spirit). As one progresses into the later stages of the training, one learns to "turn the Qi into Shen, refine the Shen into nothingness, and finally, crush the nothingness"

It is said that once one is beyond crushing the nothingness, one is enlightened. Various systems of both buddhist and daoist enlightment training are largely based on the Xi Sui Jing, but despite the efforts of modern scholars (namely Dr. Yang Jwing Ming and a few others) to research and retrieve a complete record of the ancient Xi Sui Jing training, almost nothing that we've been able to translate offers any information about the last few stages of the training. However there is still significant amounts of chinese texts which detail the first stages (up until refining the Shen into nothingness) and these are all that is really neccessary to practice for the achievment of longevity. One of the major contributing factors in aging of the human body is build up of adipose tissue (fat) inside the bone marrow, predominantly at the ends of each bone closest to the joints.

This buildup of fat impairs the marrows ability to produce new blood cells. The detereoration in the quality and quantity of new blood cells resulting from fat buildup in the marrow leads to organ detereoration in most every part of the body and well, this can be avoided.

Someone who has trained the Xi Sui Jing, or certain other advanced qigong training methods, to the point that they can circulate qi inside their bones can use the qi to "wash" the marrow which keeps the marrow cells healthy and vibrant which in turn prevents excessive fat buildup in the marrow.

Maintaining these practices in addition to a good diet and excercise, it is possible to live well beyond your 120th birthday. There's an old Mandarin saying that any man who dies before the age 120 has died young.

Comment

who?

whos teaching you the chi kung technique?

as i understand it its a high level skill to do it correctly..

but maybe not i never had that much interest in it..

from what i know of chi kung my best suggestion i guess would be if you dont have a instructor find one..and if you cant just wait because as far as i know chi kung results come over a long period of time..you sound as if you are expecting imediate results which from what i understand is a severe mistake..

just my thoughts though!

peace
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

hey..

hey...crazy i just noticed your from connecticut!!

i live here to even though it kinda sucks.................

dunno where storrs is but still kinda cool heheh

definately a first here at russbo
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

No sifu, I'm teaching myself from books. Books and personal experience. That and a commitment to subduing my emotional mind. The hardest thing I ever taught myself was how to not think. Wu Nian.

As for expecting immediate results with no practice and no patience, if thats what you think I'm doing perhaps you've misinterpreted my words. Given, I've made some extraordinary progress in qigong in the past year but I'm not looking for immediate results. I'm looking for long term results. And I'm currently building the foundation for long term goals. And I think i'm doing allright so far. Its just a matter of maintaining my patience and never forcing the flow.

One of the most important things I was ever taught about Qigong was simply never ever to force the flow. If you instead place your mental focus on a point ahead of where you want your qi to go to, it will follow your mental attention to that spot. In mandarin it is said, Yi Yi Yin Qi. Or, use your Yi (logical mind, as opposed to Xin the emotional mind, Xin is often translated as mind or heart) to lead your Qi. Use the mind to lead the Qi. Lead, never push.

I don't have the benefit of a sifu, but fortunately I have the benefit of being able to study the works of an incredible Master and a well written author, Dr. Yang Jwing Ming. I highly recomend his book, The Root of Chinese Qigong, to anyone interested in delving seriously into the subject.

And yes Connecticut isn't so great. Storrs is the town which consists solely of the UConn campus (my school) and some bars, and a handful of liquor stores. This is why I'm getting the hell out of Connecticut and UConn to go get my masters degree in chinese medicine. Anywho though, I'd still love to hear the experiences of anyone else out there who has or is training the Xi Sui Jing. Some of the Shaolin monks must know what I'm talking about in this regard, I would hope. Anyhow, please keep this thread running, someone out there has to know.........

Comment

Working...
          X