Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Library Upload Instructions

Upload Instructions

Uploading files, whether they be audio, book, or video files, to this forum, is easy. But, you need to remember that the file size is important.

Files less than 2 megabytes: Just upload these to the appropriate file directory (audio, book, video), and create a new thread for each file. This way, people can reply to your upload and comment on the file. Or, you can email them to me at files at x.russbo.com, and I'll get it onto the library for you.

Files greater than 2 megabytes: The forum will not accept files greater than 2 megabytes in size, regardless of whether they are audio, book, or video. These files need to be emailed to files at x.russbo.com, as an attachment. I will then create the necessary links in the appropriate areas of the File Library.

Files too large to email: Some email servers will not allow file attachments that are too large, generally, file attachments that are greater than 5 megabytes in size. I am currently working on a public dropbox system for the server, though, at this time, security considerations do not allow this. For those of you who have many large files to upload to me, I will create a user which will give you direct access to your file dropbox on the server. Contact me directly if this option applies to you.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

FTP server

FTP upload directions

I've enabled an FTP service on the server, for those of you who want to send me files that are too large to email. It's quite easy to do this.

First, get an FTP client. Personally, I like FTP Voyager , but, you can get a cheaper (and temporarily free) version at WS FTP Pro . Alternatively, you can use your browser, such as Internet Explorer, which does it well also. All you have to do is type in the ftp address in your browser window, answer the password and user ID questions, and than drag files from your desktop, to the upload folder in the browser window.

Contact me directly by email, at doc at russbo.com, or Private Message me on this forum, for the ftp address, user ID, and password.

Files should be transferred to the upload directory only. Files should be less than 100 mb.

The accepted file types are the following: mpeg, mpe, mpg, avi, asf, wmv, doc, txt, bmp, jpe, jpg, jpeg, gif, pdf, wma. Remember, images get uploaded in binary, text gets uploaded in ASCII. If you're using your Internet Explorer, just click and drag from your desktop to the upload folder in the browser window.

I hope that you find this service to be helpful.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Uploading Apple .mov files

If you plan on uploading Apple QuickTime .mov files to the russbo.com FTP server, it's best to zip them into a zip file first; not to compress them any more to save space, but to "hide" them in a package that the FTP server will not alter. We've been having problems with FTP and .mov files; we have not been having problems with FTP and zip files.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
      X