Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic One: Qi and Buddha; Jesus and crucifixion

Copied from Discussion Archive, from an email that I got:

My questions is rooted in the area of the religious roots of the monks of either the fist art or scriptural training. I feel this is one and the same because all comes from the source of one and also returns. As I have been taught religion means to bind back the soul to its original home which means the soul journeys back through the dark into the light. This involves dying while living, or casting off the coverings of the soul, the body, mind, emotions, and body of chi until the soul expresses itself in its full manifestation. A friend whenever he can travels to New York to train with the Shaolin Monk there, when he came back I posed this question to him. "Why is the monks go through all this training which involves expressing various feats of strength through chi work, then once they have finished with the area of their growth they are never to return again except to maintain body health, but only move onward?". His answer was at first one of shock and then enlightenment, then he expressed" you know you are right, it's like it is phase of their training and then they move inward to another level of their personal journey"! If religion means to bind back the soul, it must means dropping all dogmatic ritual and ceremonies and head right to the roots of humanity, as soul. Soul is the root of all religion but mind conceptualizes and the loss occurs. Everyone speaks of Buddha and his sitting in meditation for nine years, coming out and showing the monks the way of chi to protect and strengthen. This is what most people see and hear and then nothing more. I truly believe chi work belongs to the levels of the mind, even at the subtle levels because it is based on the laws of polarity which does not rest truly in the realm of spirit. If this is the case then what else did Buddha give the monks?. If anything else was given then why the secrecy? If not then we must move forward into a greater depth and let the art of Shaolin which the spirit of us all which has no name grow into the beyond, the spirit. Let me take you one more step! Being of Indian descent Buddha was well versed in the culture and the ways of the great mother of spirituality of the great mother earth. Many other saints have practiced the same path as set forth the same as Buddha, Nanak sat on pebbles for twelve years, Jesus spent nineteen years in the Tibetan hills, Soami Ji contemplate in a solitary, dark, back room for seventeen years. My question is what do all these saints of the past have in common with Buddha? The answer is quite simple the soul journey can be undertaken only in the form that can be understood at the level of soul and expressed at levels below into the human psyche, and what is that? Hint... Hint... Everyone knows chi is developed through the focus of the mind in unison with the muscles at the perineum area and the lower dantien. Physical motion is seen, felt and heard by the physical senses, thought is transferred and received by the mind, emotion is felt by the heart, chi is moved, sensed and manipulated in the pathways, and throughout the body. All aspects of the human psyche are felt or sensed in some form or another, spirit can only be called upon and communicated with except by spirit, no other part of the human psyche can relate. Chi work is done below the third eye center, this means this is lust in its many forms any way you slice it, what is generated in the body and used in the body is lust. Whatever is generated at the third eye and above which is used in the body or above is known as love, this is the true term of religion (Also know as union with the true and original source). What is the true way in which soul communicates with soul which is all? It is light, yes light. Most understand this well but very few remember the inner sound or lost chord. The human must communicate with soul at the third eye and no lower with the tongue of the soul which is the inner repetition, with this we have the various rulers of the dimensions for the souls journey back home, which can be given orally and must be charged by one such as Buddha, other saints, or anyone assigned by the presiding saint of the time. Listen with the ear of the soul which is the sound, and to see with the eye of the soul which is light, light represents not only confirmation of the souls journey home through the various levels, but also the level of consciousness for the soul and its expression in all areas in life and elsewhere. The charged names withdraw the spirit from the body, dying while alive to the the third eye, the light within holds it, and the inner sound lifts it. As a wave is ex! ! ! pressed outwardly through all creation form the creator, the wave also returns to its source, only but communicating as spirit with spirit can the journey. My question which has irked me for quite some tome is this? If the monks practice this method after chi work is done why is it done at least expressed to all involved?. This to me is the art of Kung fu at its root, if not practiced or known at all then seek out the roots , delve deeper and make the art of Shaolin even stronger

xxxxx

Yea, I got a little lost with this one also....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

This is not expressed to the student of gongfu because the student wouldn't understand it until they were ready, until they had transcended gongfu.

The process you describe is similar to the section of buddhist enlightenment training known as "Facing the Wall" and frankly most people will never get to the point where they could begin to face the wall, much less complete the act.

Few people understand after building the tools of your spiritual development and using them as they need to be used, there will come a day when you must burn those tools and move beyond them.

If you see the buddha, kill him.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

off-topic question:

"Jesus spent nineteen years in the Tibetan hills"

Where the hell did he get that information from, I'm not a christian but I'm pretty sure there is no record of Jesus more than his occupation before he went babbling about God. Does some bracnh of buddhism recognize Jesus as some Tibetan (tourist) wiseman?

Comment

I wouldn't take this guy literally. I'm not exactly sure what he was talking about. This was just an interesting email that I got from someone, that I couldn't make heads or tails out of.

Thought someone else might be able to.

(Kind of an example of the insanity that I get sometimes)
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

There's a belief that Jesus didn't really die on the cross he went to India. There are even those that believe he had traveled there as a boy & learned yogic techniques that taught him to over come the pain and walk away from the cross (actually not everyone died of crucifixion, sometimes people were only sentenced to be crucified for a few days and then let down). But to get back to J.C. In India he is known as Isa & there is even a tomb somewhere there that local legends say is his.

The Russian scholar, Nicolai Notovich, was the first to suggest that Christ may have gone to India. In 1887, Notovich, a Russian scholar and Orientalist, arrived in Kashmir during one of several journeys to the Orient. At the Zoji-la pass Notovich was a guest in a Buddhist monastery, where a monk told him of the bhodisattva saint called "Issa". Notovich was stunned by the remarkable parallels of Issa's teachings and martyrdom with that of Christ's life, teachings and crucifixion.

It is also believed that Saint Thomas (ol' doubting Thomas) after Jesus' death left Israel & traveled to India to preach the gospels.

Take what you will from that…

Comment

An individual who lasted a few days on a cross is quite the individual. Truly quite the individual.

Death by crucifixion comes from suffocation (along with dehydration, depending upon the environmental factors, and duration on the cross). It all depends upon whether or not the feet were attached (nailed or tied to a support) to the cross. The act of hanging by one's outstretched arms makes it difficult to breathe using the chest muscles, (as those muscles are being used to help support the weight of the individual), thus the act of respiration eventually becomes laborious and fails. If the feet are attached, then the individual can help support himself using his legs, making the process much slower.

russbo.com

Comment

Oh the good old days! Crucifixion wasn't always a death sentence sometimes it was just a punishment. Romans built crosses, they used trees, they did it different ways. Sometimes there actually was a kind of seat to help ease the tension so that the person didn't asphyxiate. Archeologists have dug up skeletons where they have found where the nail had been driven through ankle bones but that the person had obviously survived the ordeal and gone on to live many years (hobbling along).

Comment

One of the favorite places to put the nails, were through the carpal bones (wrist) (didn't tear apart as easily as in the nands), and through the calcaneus of the foot (heel bone), (same reason). The ankle was also used. The soft tissues of the foot, with their accompanying bones, were not strong enough to support the weight without tearing apart.

How did we get on this topic, lol...

russbo.com

Comment

My mistake, it was the heel.
                  Never mind how we got on this topic, why do we know so much about it?

Comment

Because we are sick puppies.

And proud of it.

If the crucified victim was lucky, a roman guard might pierce the chest cavity with his spear (as they did, allegedly, with Christ), so that death would be hastened by pneumothorax.

russbo.com

Comment

Pneumothorax?

Comment

A pneumothorax is commonly known as a collapsed lung. Normally, the outer surface of the lung sits next to the inner surface of the chest wall. Thin membranes called pleura cover both surfaces. A pneumothorax occurs when air escapes from the lungs or leaks through the chest wall and enters the pleural cavity, the space between the two membranes. As air builds up, it causes the nearby lung to collapse.

Most cases of pneumothorax result from an injury to the lungs or chest wall, such as:

A penetrating injury, such as a knife or gunshot wound
                        Blunt trauma, from a fall or car accident
                        Medical procedures, such as removal of fluid from the pleural cavity with a needle (thoracentesis) or a lung biopsy
                        Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

Yes, good old pneumothorax, literally it means air in the thoracic cavity. The sloppy acupuncturists bane. Puncturing the thoracic cavity with an object of any size can lead to the formation of a bubble inside the thoracic cavity, the more air gets into the cavity, the less room the lungs have to expand upon inhalation, and the process will get worse as time goes on. If the hole was made by something as small as a needle the patient might have a few days before they die (assuming the receive no medical care) but it's kind of a dead giveaway to refer out to the emergency room when your patient flinches and then starts hissing as you needle Lung 1. With a hole made by something as large as a spearhead it's probably much quicker. Especially since its easy to puncture the lung with a spear if you already feel like puncturing the thoracic cavity.
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Comment

Lipster, sixty more posts and you become a god.

What shall we do then...

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X