Lawyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers

"In every big transaction, ... there is a magic moment during which a man has surrendered a treasure, and during which the man who is due to receive it has not yet done so. An alert lawyer will make that moment his own, possessing the treasure for a magic microsecond, taking a little of it, passing it on. If the man who is to receive the treasure is unused to wealth, has an inferiority complex and shapeless feelings of guilt, as most people do, the lawyer can often take as much as half the bundle, and still receive the recipient's blubbering thanks."

Kurt Vonnegut
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

I wonder if Vonnegut was ever the executor of an estate
    and dealt with the whole probate process. It certainly
    sounds like it.

Comment

You know the difference between a dead lawyer in the middle of the highway and a dead skunk in the middle of a highway?
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

There are skid marks in front of the skunk.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

And the lawyer has his hands tied behind his back.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Why do lawyers who surf never have to be woried
            about a shark attack?

Comment

Professional courtesy.

Comment

Working...
              X