An open letter to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to all

As a number of you know, I have been providing historical material to the audience for a considerable period of time now. While I am a firm believer in disseminating material of this kind to a large audience, lately I have become disenchanted with some people taking the material, using it on their websites, and (in a current case) including it into a book and claiming it as their own, while being dumb enough to actually leave my copyright notice in it as well. While especially the last one is hilarious in a way, because this was a no-brainer , I am tired of spending more and more time chasing after this type of nonsense. I want to continue to study Shaolin, and not waste my time with this nonsense.

Therefore, I am forced to proceed from now on forward as follows:

1. I asked doc to remove all Shaolin documents I posted from the library until further notice.

2. I will continue to provide material, but only to 3 sites world-wide:

These sites are:

www.aboutshaolin.com in Greece

www.shaolin-tempel.de in Germany

www.russbo.com In the USA

3. Material will only be provided if the material in itself is not altered in any way.

4. I will provide the material to these sites simultaneously.

5. Requests for certain additional special information will not be provided anymore until further notice. The reason for this consists in the fact that I am currently sorting out an approach to make the information available, while at the same time protecting it in a way.

At this time, there are 7 sets of the complete material in existence, from which excerpts were made available over the years:

Each set includes:

• 400 black and white temple images dating from 1850 until 1925

• 200 black and white temple images from 1930 until 1981/1982

• 300 black and white images of China from 1800 until 1880

• 50 black and white were scanned from Ming and Sui dynasty sword manuals

• 11,000 pages of written text

1 Set are the master printouts in a safe deposit box

1 electronic set is my working set, which I provide material from

1 printed set given to Grandmaster Chi Tsuan Tsai in Taiwan

1 printed set provided to Grandmaster Steven Abbate in light of his 40 years in Shaolin

1 electronic set provided to Shifu Kronmüller in Germany with written authorization to include in his upcoming book (in German).

1 electronic set each for my two children.

All in all, the material will only be posted to these sites. I don't enjoy having to do this, and I fully realize that a number of you will miss some of the things provided.

Dr. Uwe Schwenk (Ying Zi Long)

Sorry to hear of the troubles....

And again, thank you for all that you've posted thus far. Hope all goes well.
    practice wu de

Comment

Thank you for all that you've done so far man. I understand that drastic measures are often neccessary. Incidentally on a completely different subject, are you involved with an orphanage called the Sarnelli house in thailand? Maybe it's a different Uwe, but I've never heard of anyone by that name before running into you here.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Various

daodejing, shaolinstylee,

thanks for your replies. Like I told doc, I am in the process of figuring something out, because although there are some people which are less than honest, I really do not want to punish the ones, who are interested and not in it for the money.

I will finalize something by the end of this week, and post something probably on Sunday evening or Monday.

We will then take it from there.

daodejing,

I know the orphanage, but I am not the one. It's another Uwe and if I am not mistaken he is originally from Sweden.

I am involved in a different project in Thailand (Singapore to be exact)

Uwe

Comment

You live in Singapore? Where do you train?

Comment

Small world, a friend of mine (fellow student in LA) has a good friend who was up till very recently working at the sarnelli house and another thai orphanage for HIV + kids. He spoke quite lovingly about his time there, saying that you could have happiness without having much of anything else.
            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by kimble
              You live in Singapore? Where do you train?
              I don't live there, but I am there very often.

Uwe

Comment

Working...
              X