where to train in china?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to train in china?

Yo Doc, I saw you on the ulysses shaolin on PBS a while back and by coincidence stumbled upon this site some time later. great site by the way. anyway I'm planning on going to china in september to study at the beijing language and culture university for about a year or longer depeding on my experience. I want to train in martial arts directly at the shaolin temple someday but I am under the impression that shaolin is being destroyted now? is that true? well either way I was wondering if you could give me some advice on where in china I should train, preferrably in the henan province. I have looked at a few websites that you can barely understand because the english is pretty bad. they were interesting but I really have no idea if those schools are any good. I have almost zero previous martial arts training, I get an average amount of exercise in, but I would like to train about 8 hours a day. if you could tell me of any good places you know and the costs that would be of great help.
    "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Take a look around the site. There are references to a # of schools. Personally, I'd recomend getting a little into something before you go, but good luck none-the-less.
    practice wu de

Comment

Forget the websites. And while you're forgetting things, forget my sterling performance in that damn special, lol.

Get in touch with me when you're ready to go to Henan. We'll set things up for you. Won't be a problem. Either Yanzhang's, Deyang's, or Decheng's school, depending upon who is in town at that time. And read the site man. Time to learn. Get down with some of the history/politics so you know what you're getting into.

Nice to have you on board. Hope you find the experience somewhat worthwhile.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

eeexcellent. but as you probably know questions usually lead to more questions. I wouldn't be doing any training for at least a year because I'm going to the university, but that's not set in stone quite yet. let's say I wanted to go to one of those schools for a few months and go to the bclu in march instead of september. what is the cost per month (including food and shelter) at these shaolin schools? what kinds of documents do I need to go there and how do I get them? aside from these forums how do I get in contact with you? are there people at these shaolin schools that speak at least some english?
        "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

8 hrs a day eh?

heh heh heh...bring a lot of tiger balm.

since you will more than likely be unable to walk after your first 8 hr day, bring a lot of vaseline and chilli pepper, and you can make tiger balm yourself, as you'll have plenty of time on your hands.
          "Arhat, I am your father..."
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 안전놀이터​​

Comment

Working...
            X