Shi Guo Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Guo Song

Question about Shi Guo Song also known as Hu Gaofeng. I saw him on the discovery channel on Martial Arts:Kung Fu Fighter they said he was cheif coach at shaolin temple and made it look like he was the head person for trainging the real warrior monks. All i could find on him was that he was 33rd generation. I was wondering if anyone knew anythen else about him and what his postion as chief coach means. I was also wondering about the clothing those monks were wearing it was more of a tan color just wondering what it meant and why they wore this.

Shi Guo Song is as far as I know not a coach in the temple, but he has an wushu school in Dengfeng there he probably is some sort of Head coach.

For the chlothing in the documentary,
    The probaly whore those outfits because they like them, as simple as that..

Comment

about the coaches

thanks for the info. also wanted to know, who are the coaches and how do they choose them. One of the reasons i ask is that in a lot of articles that i've read i hear this person was coach and that person is some level coach of that during some random years of periods. Just wondering what is up with that, what are the requirements-like best teacher, most talented fighter or at forms, or best lineage, etc...

Comment

A coach is someone who has usually trained at that school or another nearby, achieved some level of competence, and is willing to live in ****ty conditions, work most of the day, and earn **** pay.

I've known quite a few of them. And generally, their wushu is good.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Shi Yan Lu is the only chief coach of the warrior monks of the Temple, has been for quite a while. He literally is the Abbot's right hand man, and will stay that way for a while. That Guo guy has a school in Dengfeng.

Comment

Hmm...

You shouldn't beleve all you hear Logam11..

Shi Yan Lu runs his own Gong Fu school in DengFeng. It,s true that he is Yong Xin's "right hand man".
            Nowdays there is no such thing as "head coach" in the temple, since they dont do the training in big groups, most of the training is private between Shifu and Tudi.
            I think Yan Lu's school have been sent out on demonstrations to represent the tempel around the world some times

Not all of the monks living in the Shaolin temple today are practising gong fu, many are there only for the chan.

Comment

Yan Lu

You are correct, but I feel that if someone were to come to the Temple, and ask around for the general opinion of who the chief coach is, Yan Lu would be the most common answer. True, there are many famous monks like De Yang, De Jian, Guo, who have their own schools, which have their own performance teams. They are from Shaolin, and are the chiefs of their respective schools teams, that's what their business card says. But the general consensus would be that Yan Lu is the chief coach of the warrior monk team. Supposedly, there are 3 Shaolin Temple performance teams. One is in Australia at the moment, I don't know who the coach is there. Some other food for thought, whoevers closest to the Abbot, gets the full usage of power and titles that the Temple wields. I was at the Tianzhong Hotel the other day, every room has a brochure of the "Shaolin Temple", basically a photo-op of Yan Lu with his students, coupled with many pictures of the Abbot. No other monk or school at the present could possibly draw such a close connection to the temple.

Hanguo Laohu

P.S. Fei Long, I'm extremely impressed with your depth of knowledge about the temple. You must have been here for quite a while. When was the last time here? I'm here 3 more months filming a documentary.

Comment

Working...
              X