learning chinese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning chinese

hey doc I tried emailing you with some questions, but to no avail so I'll try the forum. I'm debating on wether to go to the beijing language and culture university or just going straight to a shaolin school. my main concern is that I don't know any chinese. so I was wondering do they teach chinese at any of the shaolin schools that you recommended in henan?
    "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

If you email me, and do not identify something in the subject line, my spam program will bounce it. Try me again.

You can sometimes arrange for Chinese lessons in some of these schools; my experience has been limited with respect to this. Also, some schools now have English translators. Their expertise is limited from what I've seen.

You don't need to know Chinese to learn gong fu. I've been going since 1995, and only until this year have I been able to really understand a very limited amount of Mandarin. Not being able to talk to these guys makes it all that much more fun.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

yeah well I'm not just interested in the gong fu I'd like to study buddhism while I'm at it and that would be kind of tough not knowing any chinese.
      "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

what happened to those "KOOL" sunglasses. Future not so brite anyymore?
        Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

I miss the glasses.

Bring back the glasses.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I knew the glasses would catch on. once they go away everyone wants them back. I think they need to make a collector's edition of terminator 3 where arnold wears the glasses throughout the movie. it would be the greatest dvd to grace this planet.

Comment

hi
              I dont know any chinese either ,there will be translator here.
              ,ok

Comment

!!!!Shocking!!!!

I think that the fastest way to learn chinese, is to get to Shaolin. Find a school where nobody speaks English and there are no other foreigners. In 8 weeks you will be able to hold a conversation in Chinese. I have seen this happen a number of times, with people who have no aptitude for languages whatsoever.

Then go learn the characters in a class room.

This is what they do to Christians in Henan Province:

************!!! these pictures are disturbing!!!***********

http://www.clearharmony.net/articles/200303/11137.html

Studying Buddhism in Shaolin? For all their awesome gongfu, I doubt there's anyone brave enough to teach it, for fear of the same happening to their families.

If anyone can enlighten me otherwise, I'd be delighted to hear about it.

Chicken

Comment

Start a new thread in the appropriate forum if you want to discuss Falon Gong.

russbo.com

Comment

choose Chinese school to learn it ,and then ,well ,try to shaolin.
                    perhaps it will work

Comment

Working...
                    X