I was woundering about tai chi sword forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was woundering about tai chi sword forums

Dear Doc I was woundering if you could tell me where to find forums for the tai chi sword thanks bye.
    lil monk

I think there's a Tai Ji sword form on video in the File and Video Library.

Ummm, maybe not. I do have that video, but I don't think that we've published it on the site yet. Got lots of Tai Ji that I shot on the last trip, but didn't edit and publish yet.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

sword forums is a good place
      kung fu mag. has an internal section on there board
      practice wu de

Comment

sword form video

there is a downloadable sword form video at www.taiji.de mention in another recent thread.
        Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

hmm.. do you want forms, or forums?

If forms are the case, do a google search for taiji mpeg, tai chi mpeg, taiji avi, tai chi avi, etc..
          Also look on a sticky thread on the main board at kfm forums, there is 3 pages of links to sites with vids.
          practice wu de

Comment

Oh I wanted forms so I could see how to practice with my new ti ji sword oh thnks for the idea to bye.
            lil monk

Comment

wouldn't it be a better idea to learn from a teacher? some teachers teach weapon forms right off the bat, which may or may not be good practice, but at least there's someone around then when you're doing it. a taiji sword can **** you up.

Comment

I all ready know some parts of fourms and some basic movementes oh and it's a practice ti ji sword
                lil monk

Comment

My teachers got a tai chi sword form, and I really want it.
                  http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Tai Chi Sword is an art in itself, but it is not an easy one. There are different levels to it, when I teach sword I mostly cannot go much farther than the first level which is the form. However that is the most important level, because it teaches you how to build the necessary skills for later on. I would not want to just teach this to myself though. You should at least learn the first level from a teacher, that way you can get a really good foundation.

Tai Chi sword is not easy. I still find faults with it even though I've been doing it for a while. My teacher and I are in the process of creating a sword video, unfortunately it won't be finished until fall/winter this year.

Peace.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Amen Fa Hui..., except the way I was taught the form isn't even the first step but the third. The first was the practice basic techniques like the four corners, cover the body with the sword to block and strike, coiling, and circling excercises, as well as rotating the sword around its center of weight, and rotating the swordaround the tip of the blade, as well as a fun little way to chop at your opponent and wrap around his sword to cut his hand. The second step was doing all those with a partner. Its my opinion that you can do formwork all you want, but the essence of good swordsmanship lies in practicing with a partner. We weren't allowed to practice the form until we'd gotten those basics down.

Damn..... i should really be practicing my taiji sticking hands excercises more often.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Hey DDJ, when are we going to work out, I would love to trade swordsmanship techniques with you.
                        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

Comment

Well, judging from my limited transfportation options (total lack of a car), whenever you're down in west l.a. I'm game. You have my cell phone # right? If not, I'll email it to you.

I look forward to training with you too.
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Go ahead and email it to me. If you've given it to me before, I probably lost it. I may have lots of time nxt week, so we could probably get together then.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
                            X