do the shaolin monks and the tabetin monks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do the shaolin monks and the tabetin monks

well i was woundering if the shaolin monk or even just the chan buddhist monk in china get along with the tabetin monks in tabet ? I know there all buddhist but you know like how the chathlics and mormans dont like each other well from what i was told.
    lil monk

umm

the tibetan monks are of the vajrayana sect, they are usually regarded amongst buddhists as being the spiritual masters of the world

it goes like this, all sects of Buddhism belong to one of three yanas or vehicles.. Hinyana (lesser vehicle), Mahayana (greater vehicle) and Varjayana (diamond vehicle)

shaolin belongs to the mahayana sect, which is why a ****load of buddhism in this world belongs to mahayana

amitabha
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

well also my grandparents are tibetan buddhist but i would like to learn more about chan buddhism. also is shaolin chan buddhist? also this vehicles you talked about are they like a rank are some thing one is better then the other ? thanks bye
      lil monk

Comment

hrmm

alot of your questions can be answered by simply navigating through the site joe

but..im bored so..

"also is shaolin chan buddhist?"

ch'an or ch'anna is the phonetic spelling in chinese of the sanscrit dhyana which means meditation just as Zen(japanese) is to dhyana

chan buddhism didnt directly originate from china(from the buddha actually..)..but basically its chinese since it was brought to china by bodhidarma who in turn taught chan teachings to the monks, who then just began to build upon the principles he set forth

"also this vehicles you talked about are they like a rank are some thing one is better then the other ?"

no, they are different..thats it. different means for different people, but in the case of mahayana and varjayana the differences are slight in most* cases(of practice and goals)

amitabha

Comment

"I know there all buddhist but you know like how the chathlics and mormans dont like each other well from what i was told."

In my experience this is not true at all, and an odd compairision at that.

Comment

well i was woundering if the shaolin monk or even just the chan buddhist monk in china get along with the tabetin monks in tabet ?
            If you come to think about it, the two groups rarely, if ever, had a chance to meet each other. Things have opened up recently, but, the costs of travel are fairly high.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

but shaolin would totally kick ass in a fight!! right?

Comment

umm

no

amitabha

Comment

hehe

i just wanted to post one of my oldschool dickhead posts..

anyway, not neccesarily..maybe in this day and age but, in actuality the tibetan lamas were also famous for their martial arts, like in my system of hung ga we have some lama kung fu in it, also hop ga is descended from tibetan kung fu

and, it was the tibetans who helped the manchus take down the ming refugees in the southern shaolin temple

amitabha

Comment

I was impressed with the Tibetan monks that I met. In a scholarly type of way.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

actually that was a joke, but come to think of it i have heard about tibetan gongfu before.

- zach

Comment

do you think that the tabetin monk still laern there martial arts
                        lil monk

Comment

Working...
                        X