what type of monk was FA HUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what type of monk was FA HUI

hay FA HUI what type of buddhist monk where you chan, tabetin,zen what cause i was woundering because i was thinking of becomeing a monk later on in life and was woundering if you could tell me more about ti thank bye.
    lil monk

I was ordained in a Vietnamese Zen Tradition. The celibate kind. Except the Japanese traditions, most follow the traditional precepts laid down by the Buddha. If you want to ordain later on in life than you need to research into it completely. Take your time, enjoy being young. And get off your damn computer and go meet up with some girls or something. Act 16, don't act like your 40 or something.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Fa Hui
      If you want to ordain later on in life than you need to research into it completely. Take your time, enjoy being young. And get off your damn computer and go meet up with some girls or something. Act 16, don't act like your 40 or something.
      -that is perhaps some of the finest advice on this site, going out to all the wannabe-monks out there. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a monk, but with younger ppl it's usually from a wish to run away from something...something which a monastic lifestyle would only worsen. And there's plenty of time.

always plenty of time...

Comment

Fa Hui was a good monk. He stayed in touch with me during his incarceration, oops, I mean, stay in the Nich Than god I can't remember what the hell it was called monastery. But, obviously, he eventually discovered that there's more to life than wholeheartedly and completely devoting oneself to a religious belief. He's had an incredible journey, and I sense, that he will continue to amaze us. There's more for him to achieve in life, wonderous things, that we can't imagine. He just hasn't discovered that yet.

Give him time.

And Joehaz, one day you'll amaze us too.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

they're right. why escape to a monastic lifestyle? such a thing could be degenerative to your world perspective and your social health. instead, follow the wisdom of the great sages of old, and escape into a world of hallucinogenic drugs, binge drinking and unprotected sex!

- zach

Comment

ok but i am stil thinking about becomeing a monk and learning more about buddhism but i am trying to have fun and be a regular teen so will see where my life taks me. bye
            lil monk

Comment

i'm tellin you man, mescalin. it's the only way of life.

- zach

Comment

erm... No.

Comment

"being a regular teen"... lol i know all about that one. But who wants to be normal?

Comment

I learned so much as a monk. I learned a lot about how the human mind and heart truly work; and it helped me a lot, and it still does. I realized that it wasn't good for me to stay confined into such a small area. I didn't feel I could offer much to the world that way. I would not mind going back every once in awhile to do a retreat or something but I need to be in the "real" world. The people in the monastery don't need much help with anything; it's the ones outside that do.

Personally, there is much more out here for ME; it doesn't it's the same for others, though. I knew it just wasn't my life-long path. I would say that all these young guys who want to runaway to Shaolin or wherever; just stick around and see what life turns out for you. Things change so much and you'll never know what's going to happen today or tomorrow. That doesn't mean I'm not telling you that you shouldn't do these things; I'm saying that you shouldn't try to runaway. I also say this because I've been there; I've wanted to runaway to Shaolin. I've wanted to runaway to become a monk; and eventually I succeeded but only to realize that I had to face everything I've always wanted to runaway from.

IN life, things can sometimes suck. But it's our own damn fault. We don't have the wisdom to see that our own stupid desires are causing the problems. When I was at work one day, a lady told me she was searching for a way, a spiritual path. She told me it was so hard and that there was so much pain because of it. I responded that the spiritual path is not the problem, it's the fact that you think you don't think you have the spiritual path.

I run into people like this all the time, and it has nothing to do with religion. Religion is a fascae, it's something we like to use as a mask, because we haven't yet see true human spirituality. But it lays there with each and every one of you. You don't need drugs or alcohol to get there; it's something that exists in the very here and now within all of us. It doesn't really have a name or shape or color; it just is. I can usually talk with Christians and other religious faiths quite fine; there's no problem with me. Why? Because I try not to hold any idea of pretty much anything. I tend to work with the flow and guide those who need guiding.

It's not that I'm telling people that they shouldn't desire things; because I don't think that's possible. Desire is part of our humanity; but I'm telling you to become aware of it. Look at it for what it is. Don't become the one on the soft end of a leather whip.

Everyone in some time in their life wants to be someone their not; we all think that we would be a lot happier that way. I'm telling you though, you're blowing a lot of smoke up your ass thinking like that. You can only be you, and no one else. And it took me monastic life to see that.

I would like to say that everyone should really take a look at their lives now and see what makes them happy and makes them sad. Then ask yourself if it's worth getting caught up in these feelings all the time? Does it really make things peaceful? Just try it. You might have to do it a few times, but you might just be surprised at what you see.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

Comment

BTW, Doc, it's Thich Nhat Hanh, and he's not a god. In fact he's the most human of human beings I've ever met. Perhaps that's what makes him a Holy man.

Comment

haze and cappy? hmm, what about c***..

most people go there whole lives dedicated to things, people, religions etc most dont know ****, most dont really care untill, someone smacks em with a reality stick

anyhow, living=experience, my advice is to do whatever makes you happy, as long as whatever makes you happy doesnt make others miserable

wannabe! a monk? heh, go for it..shaolin may or may not be the best place for your particular wants and desires..maybe it is though

amitabha
                        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

thanks maestro i think i will find out for my salf if the monks life is for me thanks agin bye
                          lil monk

Comment

A little monk lives in the quiet of the mountains. A great monk lives in the city.
                            Experience the world before you renounce it. Learn all you can, wisdom comes with time & experience.

Comment

RJ, can I use that awesome statement of wisdom on my emails, you know, the ones back to all these people who write to me about how they can become a Shaolin monk....
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X