Doc, another question... health related: Suggestions for a good diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, another question... health related: Suggestions for a good diet

In your opinion is there any special diet i should consider while beginning my training. Right now my diet is not very good not because i am eating bad its just i have no structure. Please any ideas would be greatly appriciated!!

GreyFox

Eat lots of fiber, complex carbs, and vegetables. Eat meat 1-2 times per day. Eat something hot in the morning. Eat your first meal between 7 am and 11 am. Earlier is better. Don't eat any refined sugars. Give up soda. Don't eat after 7 pm at night. That's the standard TCM diet advice, it will do alot for your health, which will help more than just your gongfu training.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Eat lots of fiber
      Being regular would help a lot of people...
      practice wu de

Comment

thanks daodejing! Also i would like to inquire about any streches or movements i should consider before i start and during my training!

Comment

Your teacher should have suggestions on that...

There was also a recent thread on this topic I believe.
          practice wu de

Comment

Good suggestions so far.

Soda is always a god awful thing to have in your stomach when you're trying to work out. Between the gastric distention from the carbon dioxide, and the sugar load, it's a nightmare to try to train with. I avoid it. In fact, getting soda out of your diet completely will help you keep your weight down (a key, to successful gong fu training, in my opinion), and prevent the roller coaster effect of the sugar and possibly caffeine.

Be careful with your fat intake. As we get older, we get more fat intolerant. I can't look at a fat chick anymore. Milk, milk products, and other fats in some people don't get broken down and absorbed properly, leading to abdominal distention and bloating. Again, tough to work out with.

A good regular diet, with enough fiber to keep you "regular", with adequate vitamin intake, is all that you need. Plenty of water also. I've replaced soda in my diet with water for the most part; it's a much healthier way to go. Ice cream only rarely. Veggies are good. Rice is not. More fish than meat. Don't eat too late at night, as you want to give yourself time to digest before retiring. Small frequent meals seems to be "healthier" than larger, three meals a day. Warm water for ingestion helps keep the qi where it needs to be, but, I can't drink tea, so, I make my qi cold on a regular basis with large glasses of ice water. In my opinion, hot or cold, as long as it's water, and lots of it.

Get plenty of sleep. Plenty of sex too. (It's good for prostate health, and keeps your lower back and cardiovascular system in shape). Smoking and other drugs are an absolute no - no. I'll think of more things once I wake up.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Working...
            X