Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey

hi all,

i trained at shaolin martial arts academy and truthfully it isnt very good. but it is the same wherever u go, if u cant be bothered to train hard every day there is no point learning gongfu. the teachers there are good though. i know because i used to train extra with them when other students slept or on weekends when the students would go to the local city via the bus. it get extremly cold there but truthfully if u are training you dont feel it. i know that sounds weird but was there in the winter and after running and climbing down the steps on your hands and feet ur body really does warm up, so much in fact u do become very hot. the thing is with that place it is over run with foreign students and if u want to go to experience shaolin culture that gets lost in the first week. im not saying all people there are bad but many are. the students who were dedicated often moved on to changchun a local city. I am now trying to get some good teachers to train people from uk and europe in changchun. I know places where people can teach in there own time to earn extra money too. the teachers did train with wang xing peng and we are very close and in regular contact with each other. he to is buying new homes so he can make his academy which hopefully will be built in the next 2 yrs. I just think if people want to train up north near changchun which has alot more western shops and stuff they should contact me. the school is too far away and if people want to meet other chinese people there own age they should come to changchun. i have been studying shaolin now for 2 yrs. but have recently been injured due to me over strectching. will be heading back soon to china though so that is why i have posted this message to see if anyone is intrested. the translators i have used to teach at the academy and are good people they just got fed up by the way they were treated by the boss at the school he only learned for three yrs and did not train with wang xing peng, he did with his uncle but for a very short time not at his home but a small training area behind the house. my sifu was called wei sifu and was an excellent teacher. i look forward to chatting with people from this forum , first time i hae seen soemthing on the internet about shaolin that i truly liked. ok till next time bye

Was your experience similar to what is described in the blog at http://carneyinchina.blogspot.com/ ?? Were you there around the same time??
    Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

not as messed up as that. there are western toilets inside and a cafe for people to buy bread coke or pepsi and biscuits. and the hall is ok but it is for people who want to learn a bit but not take it to seriously, the people that want to take it seriously know after a few months it is better to go elsewhere, this is not from the teachers because they are very very good but it is from most of the students.

Comment

hello, if u don't mind, i have a few questions for you....

so how far out of the city is this accademy?
        is food/housing supplied here?
        how difficult is it to pick up on the language? (would it be possible to learn basic comunication over a year?)
        also, what is the cost for training?

i wish to train shaolin kung fu some time in the next year (for a period of a year)...i really want to get away from the 'hustle and bustle' of 'civilization' though...i want to live a simple life for a year, so that i can devote myself solely to martial arts and my self-betterment....
        i'm from Canada(so the cold shouldn't be TOO big of an issue), and i'm extremely devoted to martial arts(i want to be "running and climbing down the steps on your hands and feet"!)...again... seclusion, and simplicity is a major supporting factor in were i want to train....
        any hints/tips/etc.?

MANY thanks in advance!

Comment

Where is this "Shaolin Martial Arts Academy"?
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 검증놀이터

Comment

Working...
            X