fabulous monk abilities!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabulous monk abilities!!!

alright, here's a pre-thread disclaimer: this is going to be a very juvenile, insignificant, and perhaps even bordering on preposterous question. but that's me.

we all know of masters claiming to be able to levitate, knock over enemies with their minds, and light old newspaper articles on fire telekinetically. by the same coin, i would wager that the majority of us here on russbo.com recognize these claims for what they are. but...

what has been proven scientifically? that is, what other more feasible yet equally impressive feats have been achieved by real people in the real world, by virtue of their MA training? for instance, what's the time record for a wall run? what's the densest thing someone has broken with their hand? can these masters really complete high-voltage electrical circuits with their arms, unscathed? on a side note, is "densest" a word?

hey, i warned you it was juvenile. but i'm bored, damn it. anecdotes will be read with amusement, but i'm really curious as to actual experiments.

- zach

what do u mean wall run? up the wall or running horizontally?

there was an old tai chi teacher who could consentrate there energy and force someone to fall over. think he hung around the same pub as WKK. know im gonna get some pm from people saying to open your mind. if anyone is thinkin of this please dont.

great achievements i have seen pic of are the 2 finger zen and one finger. two finger one looks good but the one finger im sure this monk was at an angle and am sure u can see his other finger. not the bloke what died in early eighties but a more recent one.

whats the longest period someone has done marbu i would love to know. 5 min three times a day i used to hate. seriously worst exercise for the first few weeks. that and learning how to do the fish flip.

heard someone could break a pebble with his finger pointed but as most things never seen and only word of mouth.

what about being able to stay above water? 72 arts of shaolin i have heard is a funny book to read. always thought if you could spread yourself out and run like a dog you could for small amount of time stay above water like a geko i think. but s...t at physics so i would probably sink.

read somewhere old ninjas used to crawl on there backs to build up there muscles and then after a year they would move to a steep wall and then after another yr they could climb flat walls with rough exterior. after yes u guest another yr of this practise your back muscles would have enough muscle to cope with the weight pushing in from ur arms and legs and you could climb that way. think i downloaded it of a p2p.

hell watching ripleys believe it or not amazes me. not a huge fan but late at night flicking through channels have seen some f$$$ed up things on there. what about the indian guruwho stood on one foot and arm raised for a few yrs. that was something. he is f$$$ed up now though, muscles went stiff or something.

afraid with tv nothing amazes me no more. become immune i think.

this wall running sounds good might give it a try now. will be back in five.

Comment

Check out ironcrotch.com .. grandmaster tu.
      practice wu de

Comment

is this the bloke who carrys that boulder?

Comment

other amazing feat is when someone balances on there head with no hands. this i think is amazing.
          great monk of this time i think would be someone who can hypnotse people into not moving and using psychology as a tool. if done right then he could make the person think you are invisable and then u would rock. maybe people used to do this in the old times to a large group who they wanted to attack, this way could walk in and have tea and they wouldnt see u. maybe some myths can be explained this way, ie monks being in two places at the same time .

Comment

someone does a performance of where they stand behind someone throw a punch and the person goes to ground. in the uk there was a show , what shown this. the way it was dont was inducing the person in light hypnosis while still conscious and then when he hears the movement he reacts with pain. amazing! blokes name that performed was a magician named derren brown, uses nlp and hypnosis combined in his tricks. people here follow him like god, he is supposed to do a thing with david blaine in the future.

Comment

thank you gentlemen for giving me specific examples of precisely what i am not looking for.
              Last edited by zachsan; 04-27-2004, 11:37 PM.

Comment

we aim to please.

Comment

u dont understand how tired i am holding this sling shot back?

Comment

Well there's a qigong master whose name I forget, who has proven (in a laboratory setting, with doctors, physicists, and multiple cameras, including infared, but for the discovery channel) that he is particularly resistant to red hot metal. He can rake red hot chains with his hands, lick a red hot steel bar, and bite that bar and tear a chunk off it. Is that more what you're looking for? And all without injury, though he did get ash on his hands. And yes his tongue really licked the metal.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

ouch. yeah that's more along the lines of what i've been looking for. you're an intelligent guy and we're on a discussion forum, so i'll just take your word as to the legitimacy of the experiment. that "for the discovery channel" bit does have me a bit worried, though.

i suppose what i'm ideally looking for is impossible, though. that is: a group of trained monks performing feats that are proven to be outside the ability of a control group of "regular people" and other athletes, with a bunch of other controls, over a large enough testing base that the results are pretty conclusive. that is, empirical evidence behind "completing this practice will give you this extraordinary ability."

for instance, no regular person in their right mind would be the control for your "burning hot steel test".

but anyway, assuming that it was real, yes, that is exactly the sort of thing i'm looking for. just out of simple adolescent curiosity.

- zach

Comment

Yan Ming submitted himself to a pain study. This was documented by a Dr. from a pain lab- Ohio State? My memory is failing so don't quote me. It was filmed for a joint production by the BBC and TLC or Discovery channel. It was called Beyond Human Endurance. I think. Maybe it was called Physical Feats. He then performed a variation of the spear bending in the throat. And also the wood sticks breaking. I will readily admit that before I saw these 'tricks' performed first hand as an eyewitness I was extremely skeptical and reason being was from Yan Ming himself who takes great pleasure in debunking 'masters' usually of the self proclaimed variety like Qi Fei Long. However when Yan Ming did the spear bending I noticed some slight, albeit to my mind significant, differences in the way the exercise was executed. For example, I was the second who held the spears, which I tested myself. They were flexiblie yes, but with the palms of my hand held against my throat one spear was difficult for me to bend, placing the butt against the wall. In fact, the pain was terrific and it was only a slight bend that I was able to achieve. I weigh 210-215lbs. The spear was not razor sharp but that hardly seemed to matter to me when I applied pressure. I'd say it had the egde thickness of a dime.

Back to what they came to test- This was a scientific experiment in that it was double blind and had a control. A random subject went through the process and his resultes recorded- his results met with a previously obtained sample set which was derived under exactly the same conditions that these recording were being made under, which was to keep your hand submerged in ice water after having had the blood drained through use of surgical bands and kept away with a tourniquet and being monitored for blood pressure, heart rate, etc. They were measuring indicators of stress that are normally associated with the feeling of pain.

I have some more detailed info about this someplace which I will try and find.

To be honest, you will mostly find easily debunked 'experiments' and tons of bull**** claims made by masters and grandmasters. Usually when asked to provide proof of these scientific studies, if they do, it is all surface babble that looks good, and WKK question and asnwer series here on Russbo proves most enlightening to see what many of these masters consider to be 'scientific proof.'

Some of my favorites are the cloud dispersal techniques and making those little foil strips spin with your mind. All bull****. ANYONE can effect weather. Pick any cloud in the sky and after enough time it will move. Find a cloud disperser and have them reverse the process. Why can't they collect and only disperse? You pick the cloud and suddenly the tides effect their chi and they can't do it. Call up a newspaper and have them cover it and you can then call that 'scientific evidence' of your powers. Get a set of purple silk pants and some cool biker boots and you're in business.

Every single no touch knockout master I have ever laid eyes on was a fraud and many were proven so. In many examples provided by these masters online in video form it is utterly clear that their 'opponents' are being hypnotized to drop.

If you ever knocked anyone out cold before you know they drop without benefit of KNOWING they are knocked out- in other words they don't protect themselves from falling like these chi knockout people do. They just drop like a rag doll.

I would be interested in seeing any scientific proof being offered by masters making terrific claims like levitating. And not a photo of some fool caught at the top of his sitting hop.
                        "Arhat, I am your father..."
                        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

well again, that pain threshold thing is the kind of thing i'm looking for.

i don't really buy hypnosis as much more than play-acting, so as long as he had people that thought he might actually be able to do this as 'opponents', that would pretty well fit my idea of what's going on.

was that article ever found, btw?

scientific in spirit,
                          - zach
                          Last edited by zachsan; 04-28-2004, 07:19 PM.

Comment

well there are many kinds of hypnosis...the one you see most often being employedis similar to the techniques in use by faith healers, you see other people react a certain way repeatedly, and that's what happens to you.
                            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

by article i am assuming you mean WKK's article in which there is a picture of him pointing at the sky, and then a Malaysian caption?

I saw it being offered as 'proof' by his whackos and probably downloaded it somewhere. maybe on his site but I lack the desire to give them the hits.
                              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                              X