Wrists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrists

Hey Doc, my wrists are starting to really hurt after practising with my staff.
    getting really sore and stuff
    what do you suggest to ease the pain?
    or absorb the impact/stress?
    what are some good wrist streches.
    thank you for your time doc.

Hmmm... I know alot of good wrist stretches and excercises, but I'm not sure I can accuratly describe them in words. Do any of your friends do aikido?
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

naw man, in this city all we gots is TKD, Karate and a mcdojo.
      if you could share them, even with pics if its not too much trouble that would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

a few good wrist stretches are talked about briefly in "aikido and the dymanic sphere". i took aikido for about 2 months (i was obviously very committed) and the best thing i got out of it was forward rolls and wrist stretches.

a lot of the time, though, people's wrists hurt a lot when they don't have enough forearm strength. i used to work at the red cross, doing mostly typing, and my wrists started to bother me a lot. using wrist braces and working out my forearms a bit made a world of difference.

- zach

Comment

hmm

well, you can always try www.bodybuilding.com for forearm exercises which WILL enhance your wrist strength

you can also make a fist and rotate your hands clockwise or counter clockwise, doing it alot will strengthen the wrists

letting your hand stay loose and pushing on the back of it so the palm faces in and your fingers pointing straight down

then doing the opposite and pushing on your fingers so they make your hand go back and have fingers pointing straight up

pushups on your knuckles helps(do it on wood for some alright conditioning)

amitabha
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Much thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X