"seven mountains spirit fist" kung fu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "seven mountains spirit fist" kung fu

there's a school here in philly that teaches something called "seven mountains spirit fist" gongfu. its teacher is vietnamese, and it's essentially an animal style that teaches forms outside of the traditional five animals and incorporates chi kung. i've never heard of it before, but according to its website, it's a well-known martial art throughout vietnam.

does anyone know if this is true, or if this is just some vietnamese guy that came to philly to make a buck off of some stupid americans? just wondering.

- zach

Hey, this actually looks like a pretty good, humble school man. Wish I could help you out more man, but I don't know much about this guy. Hopefully he's real, best of luck to ya man, peace.
    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

There are many different styles that come with a Daoist background. The Daoist "Immortals" had a lot of time on their hands, so a lot of them tended to create their own marital arts style. It particularly does not surprise me to see that this art is coming from Vietnam, it was ruled by the Chinese for 2000 years or more. In fact, the famous Zen Patriarch, Hui Neng, was most likely Vietnamese or grew in the Vietnam area. But that's a little off topic.

In any case, this does seem pretty legit, it would be interesting to talk with the Master/teacher about his art.

peace
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Qi Shan Jing Quan. 7 mountain spirit fist. Interesting. But in all my martial arts experience I haven't come across it. And why in the class pics are they in pu bu with tiger claws but with their bent leg heel up? Pu bu isn't done like that. Everyone in the picture was doing it like that's how they teach it. When people can't do a low pu bu they will raise that heel. That may be the case because everyone in the class was low. Normally in a class picture of pu bu you would see some higher than others. But if that's the way they teach pu bu, I have no clue why.

A mi tuo Fo
        -Xing Jian

Comment

Zachsan, I've wondered about that school myself. If you figure anything out, let me know. I've been looking for a new school since I came home from college.

Comment

7 Mountains fits

Zachsan,

the Vietnamese name is That Son Than Vo Dao (I can not add the vietnamese accents here), whereby Vo Dao is vietnamese for martial way.

This might help a bit,

Uwe

Comment

Seven Mountains Senior Student

Hey guys,

I did a random search for Spirit Fist and came across this forum. Interesting stuff. I've been a student with the Seven Mountains Spirit Fist school for the past 10 1/2 years. Also studied boxing, Taekwondo, and Chinese Kempo.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Andre Duza
              Author of Dead Bitch Army
              http://www.houseofduza.com

Comment

'dead bitch army'. i like it.

do you study at the school in philly?

Comment

Thanks. Yep, I'm at the philly school. To my knowledge, it's the only one in the states.

Andre Duza
                  Author of Dead Bitch Army
                  http://www.houseofduza.com

Comment

Andre,

So what is this style about? What is it's lineage? The only info I came across on Phuoc Phan's lineage is Fu Zhong-Wen.

Also, I heard that incantations (or something similar) are done to invoke spirits as you train. This is when I was living in philly. Is there any truth to it?

g
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Ok, so I found a lot more info on the site..cool...but still interested in what the spiritual form, as Phuoc Phan puts it, and the physical form...

thanks..
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

ok...I'm apparently writing to myself here.... anyhow...

this is the interesting bit I was mentioning... are there a lot of other doaist styles that incorporate this kind of spiritual training>?
                        Attached Files
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

that's one heavy interview.

Q: describe the spiritual aspect of your art.
                          A: well you know, students learn styles from spirits, and then when they're attacked, spirits take over their body and protect them.
                          Q: oh, alright. now let's talk about your weapons.

Comment

Sounds like good stuff, too bad we dont have a school for it in LA. Zach, if i were you i'd dive right in.
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

LOL, well quite obviously we're very different people. i like learning from human beings. i could never afford this place anyway, i was just curious about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X