me being shaolin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me being shaolin

Hi my name is Peter, and I live in the Greater Toronto area in Ontario Canada. For the longest time I've wanted to learn Gong-fu and my goal would be to become a monk. I know that I couldn't possibly become a monk, but I would still really like to learn Gong-fu, I have tried to look for schools that I would be able to learn, but all I can find if Karate, and I'm all for karate as I have taken it for some time but I really want to learn gong-fu even just basically. So if anyone can tell me where there are any schools in my area around Toronto or Ajax (a small town around that area) I would be really appreciative. Or if you could tell me where I could meet a monk in my area at a seminar or something. Thanks for your time
    Peter

it's relatively easy to become a monk.

but for you it sounds like it is hard.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Have you found Master Pan yet? He's quite the gong fu resource, in your area.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Peter & Pan ... hehe

sorry

Comment

Peter & Pan, Haha. You're such a dork Asger. That's pretty funny though. Nice one...

Comment

I got a laugh out of that. I don't know why though.

Stupid **** Asger.

LOL
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Pan Qing Fu... I'd look him up...
              practice wu de

Comment

Is it necessary to be a monk?

Excerpt from one of many books on Doc's shelves (Road to Heaven: Encounters with Chinese Hermits By Bill Porter)
                When ask this question to Jen Fa-jung, abbot of Loukuantai:
                "Is it necessary to be a monk or nun?" His answer, " The important thing is to lead an upright life. You don't have to be a monk or nun to do this. It doesn't do any good to be a monk or nun if you don't keep the precepts. What's important is to keep the precepts. But anyone who leads a upright life does this. This is the basis of practice. The precepts are the demands you place on yourself. Precepts make practice possible. If you don't make demands on yourself, you won't get anywhere in you practice."
                I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

You're reading my books?

God, you must be bored, lol... Why don't you teach XingWei how to play Unreal Tournament?

russbo.com

Comment

Monks and nuns are just as human as everyone else. If people are just running away from one situation to one they think is better then you are just going from samsara to samsara, wouldn't seem to be a little pointless. Do you think that when home sickness sets in and that you wish you could see family that they'll just let whenever you want? Doesn't work like that, you pretty much renounce your family to join another family. Think about it.

Arhat's right, it's definitely easy to become a monk; I don't know about you but I am tired of becoming things.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
                    X