quest for "Pan"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quest for "Pan"

hey, this is Peter again, the "wannabe" monk (hopefully to be eventually). I was just wondering; this Master Pan you speak of, where exactly does he live? How would I get a hold of him? Would he mind me contacting him? Would he ever think of actually taking me on as a pupil? Can you just answer those questions anyone that cares... I just would really like to learn gong-fu and just think him and I could be "Peter and Pan" so if any of you talk to him let him know I'm looking and just answer those quetsions above PLEASE! thanks in advanced everyone who views this
    Peter

Go here:
    Pan Qing Fu's website

Yep, Master Pan is probably one of the most famous Chinese martial artists. Also check out the movie 'Iron and Silk' where he plays himself. Good movie about wushu and Chinese culture.
    -Jesse Pasleytm
    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

well thanks for the info, but that's pretty far from me, from me personally its like almost 3 hours. Looks like my search for Gong-fu goes on and will for quite sometime... oh well thanks for trying all
      Peter

Comment

You might try asking over at the kung fu magazine forums..

There are some pesky canuks that hang out over there
        practice wu de

Comment

Three hours?
          It takes me three days to get to Shaolin to train.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Agreed....travel time shouldn't stop you if its only three hours. Email his people about doing training once a week or a couple times a month; Good teachers can teach a lot in one lesson.

For my aikido lessons I do at least six hours of traveling every week. I have no qualms.
            -Jesse Pasleytm
            "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

I met Pan Qing Fu 6 or 8 years ago. A friend at work wanted to send his 5 year old son to train under Pan so he called him up. The first thing Pan told him was he had to watch his movies so he would know who he was, then Pan would meet with him. So my friend (a Chinese/Jamaican) rents "Iron & Silk" and "Tiger Claws" I think it was, & being Chinese he know how to kiss ass, so he brings a bunch of Chinese pastries to Master Pan. (As my friend told me at the time) Pan lives in an apartment loaded with Chinese weapons and envelopes full of cash that students give him as presents above & beyond the tuition. He asks Pan if he could see the dojo, Pan said no. He asked if he could sit in on the training sessions (just because he wanted to keep an eye on his little boy) Pan said no. Needless to say he didn't send his son to him. However Pan held a seminar in Toronto on the Tiger form so my friend & I went. Pan is every bit as ugly in person as on film, the wild gungfu garb you see him in in movies & magazines is exactly what he wares. The calluses on his knuckles are also very real. Unlike the movies Pan is not a tyrant he is a very personable & approachable guy & he'll tell you that. He describes himself as a martial artiest AND moovie star! When we did the tiger form he told us we had to look very ferocious like tiger, then took pictures to put up on his bulletin board so that maybe someday you too will be moovie star! Master Pan is a nice guy, extremely talented & amazingly flexible & very eccentric. As I recall he started off by pulling out an electric razor when he arrived, shaved his face but when we went to greet him he had several long wispy strands growing from his throat as if he had been trying to grow a beard since puberty but it just wasn't filling out.

Comment

if it takes knuckles like that to achieve true martial mastery, you can count me out.

Comment

Working...
                X