george tenet resigns!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• george tenet resigns!!

that was a surprise. anyone actually believe personal reasons have anything to do with it?

Maybe.

Remember, he was the lightening rod for the administration. Someone had to fall on a sword, we've got an election coming up. Imagine the pressure he must have been under. Also remember that Clinton appointed him...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

but he was the CIA director. you don't get to that point without learning how to deal with a bit of pressure. for that matter, you don't just throw a monkey wrench in the entire workings of the CIA because your wife thinks you don't spend enough time at home.

Comment

True. But it's got to be a horribly difficult position to be in. Your future basically depends upon the whim of world events. Just like any high public office.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

This could be bad for Bush. But actually, being where this fell, it would have been worse had it happend later in the game.
          practice wu de

Comment

haha, maybe that's what it was about. they figured, hell, we've seen this thousands of times before, something's gonna break and tenet's gonna have to resign. so why not just get it out of the way now before the elections come closer?

Comment

Exactly where I was leading.
              practice wu de

Comment

well i don't seriously think they would do that. that's some pretty creative politicking.

Comment

It probably had a lot to do with the upcoming election. Timing was perfect. People will forget about it by November, but, they've had their taste of blood, so they're satisfied. Excellent timing for a sacrifice.

This administration is not stupid.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X