stopped by the school in vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stopped by the school in vegas

In between public tastings of the regional malt liqours (camo, OE High Gravity) I stopped over at the school to see what was happening. I watched about a half hour of a very cool tai chi class. What I liked was the teacher Xing Wei mr Wei? however you'd say it, didn't just run through the form. They did some sort of unconventional looking warm ups and then did parts of the form a bunch of times, more like a kung fu class. there were onoy about 4 people there, but then again it was noon on like a monday or tuesday. Vegas is unlike anyplace I've ever seen. Everything outside the strip is in strip mall format. There is like a hair salon or something next to the school. It was 117 degrees the day I got in. and there are massive billboars of people you've never heard of (Danny Gans???). In the same "mall" as doc's school there is a yoga place and a Krav maga place. If I lived in Vegas I would definately check one or all of them out. It looked like a great class. 117 degrees!!!
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

117??

I don't know what day you came, but it has not gotten to a 117 degrees this year, Yet. Better to come later in the day for the Gong Fu Classes. Check the schedule on the menu for the school.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Just wait. We're moving to a larger faciility this fall. Five times as large. With lots of "stuff"...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

send hippy steve to that hair salon

Comment

nope

Nope, I am not going there.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Well, I just spoke with Kevin. And I might be able to make it over there on Monday. Get ready for me.

Here comes Fa Hui, woohoo....
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Hey doc could you tell us about the new facility?
              http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Does what go on in Vegas stay in vegas? I think it would be cool to see Tai Chi taught like Kung Fu.

Comment

What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas.

It's the Vegas motto, actually.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

yes. similar to the atlantic city motto: "What happens in Atlantic City gets you whacked."

Comment

My motto is "Drink Camo, Vegas and everywhere" 8.5% alc

Comment

Originally posted by Fa Hui
                        Well, I just spoke with Kevin. And I might be able to make it over there on Monday. Get ready for me.

Here comes Fa Hui, woohoo....
                        Hey Fa Hui, So I heard you are not coming by the school , What Happend?

Comment

I'm thinking that I'll stop by on the 25th...
                          practice wu de

Comment

Hey doc, are you trying to recreate the old shaolin feeling at your school? I could help but thinking of it when I was reading about how the old shaolin used to be.

Comment

Uh, yes.

We're just trying to get the new, "concrete trench" bathrooms approved by the county licensure committees prior to construction of the new facility...

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X