quote from Saddam's daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quote from Saddam's daughter

Asked if she misses Iraq, Raghad answered, "Yes, if I have a chance I'll go back faster than you would imagine."

"I'm not afraid of death, but of scandal," she told the magazine. When asked to elaborate, she said, "To happen like what happened in Abu Ghraib prison."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040611/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_s_daughter_interview

note: she is referring to the recent scandal involving US troops, NOT the atrocities committed by the man who built and ran the prison for most of it's existance, her father.
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Can't blame her for not being loyal. Gotta give her that.

Comment

Just shows how ignorant people can be. Like I said before, you can't deal with people like this.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I think many westerners would agree with her. People have totally lost perspective. totally. To be fair, I blame the bush administration for not being as straightforward as they could be with the whole issue. But still, it's a preposterous statement. I think this is the same woman who said that they drugged saddam in the rabbithole otherwise he would never have been caught without a fight.

Comment

She should go back to Iraq. I'd like to see that. How much money would you like to bet that she doesn't?

Call the bitch up, I'll buy her plane ticket.

You're dealing with individuals here, who will proclaim one thing, and then do or live another. Hollywood stars, Jesse Jackson, the typical activiists, John Kerry, Democrats, etc, lol. God they're so hypocritical, it's humorous.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

dogchow, as calculating as celebrity is, i don't really think that's the motivating factor in this case. i mean, it pleases an even wider demographic just to shut the hell up about politics and keep on looking pretty.

i sincerely believe the celebrities themselves feel a need to do these things, because i sincerely believe that they are generally not very bright. don't get me wrong, some of them are geniuses when it comes to knowing what people will and will not like, and also, when it comes to sleeping with producers, but the inflated ego that comes along with such celebrity brings on an unrealistic idea of their own competency to speak on such matters.

Comment

dogchow, you're giving these entertainers far too much credit. They're not very bright people. Just talented.

russbo.com

Comment

The motives. I'll agree, that some of them have managers that are smart enough to try to keep these people doing the "right" things. But, in general, if you read about what these people in the entertainment business do, both in the newspapers, and in the news, you most definitely start to understand that most of them are low grade morons. My meeting a few of them, both socially and as patients, have confirmed that. They live in a world that is far unlike what the rest of us live in, with different social and financial values, far different than that which we're accustomed.

It's occasionally easy to allege that those in politics suffer the same problem.

The sad thing is, our society turns some of these lgm's into heroes. And, look up to them.

russbo.com

Comment

Alot of people still see republicans as what they represented in the 80's which was hardcore christianity and the what I would see as futility and hypocrisy of that whole moral crusade. But today they seem to have more of a clue on taxes and terrorism in general than democrats.

Comment

Working...
                  X