Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Warrior Experience in LV

Greetings,
    I recently went out to Vegas in June to do a weekend warrior program at the Chan Wu Xue Yuan, and thought I would take a minute to talk about my experience there.
    For anyone who is considering visiting the school, I would highly recommend it. I enjoyed learning from both Kevin and Xing Wei. I went to the 5:30 tai chi class on Friday, the 6:30 Kung Fu class on Friday, and the 1:30 Kung Fu class on Saturday, then had two private lessons Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. The classes were fun and I learned a lot, including a shortened version of Shao Hong Chuan.
    And, the school is in VEGAS, it’s not like it’s in the middle of nowhere (okay, looking at the surrounding countryside, I guess Las Vegas really is in the middle of nowhere, but you know what I mean.) There’s no reason you can’t both train and…I believe the term in this forum is ‘pray’? The earliest class I had was at 1:00, plenty of time to sleep in after a night out.
    It took a lot of preparation. I had figured it would be a hard sell to my friends (hey, let’s go to Vegas! By the way, I hope you don’t mind if I disappear for a few hours over the weekend.) I think in the end they were so happy that they didn’t have to do any of the planning that they didn’t care. After hours spent looking up hotels and airfare and etc., and months of eating peanut butter and crackers for lunch, I was able to save up for and plan out the trip, and 1,500 miles later, there I was. I was only about the fifth person to travel a long distance to visit the school, but it was definitely worth it, and I hope more people will do so in the future. After all, where else can you have all the fun Vegas has to offer AND get to train with a Shaolin monk?
    Peace

Thanks for the review. I'm headed out in October. Just booked up my hotel stay in Circus Circus last night.
    I'm hoping to negotiate with Doc for some private lessons from Xingwei/Decheng and possibly with Doc himself, who could be better to teach me "praying" techniques?
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

I can do that..

I am the Official Teacher of Late Night Las Vegas Activites and How to make a Blonde Nun Love and Hate You Techniques.
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I bow to your wisdom in the hope you will adopt me as your student come october.
        Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Why can't they all be like that...
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Like I said before, I'll try and make it out there again, to train and pray this time....

Maybe in the winter.
            practice wu de

Comment

I am now saving up for a month's stay out there. I can't wait.

Comment

And I was thinking you guys were religious.

I am heading down for Monksgiving...I got the okay from SiFu of the Vegas Late Nights to check it out.

I am too young to pray, though.
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I'm probably going out for a couple of days in late February.

Comment

kk

thanks for your advice .maybe it is good

Comment

what does the school look like?

Comment

It looks like a chocolate factory.

It closed almost two years ago. It's a story of treachery, duplicity and dishonor. I'll write about it one day.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Is Monksgiving on the works? too good not to be there, again...
                          No Chumbas, por favor!

Comment

Maybe.

Might be in Thailand this year...

russbo.com

Comment

I think it is amazing to train there.

Comment

Working...
                              X