Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boddidharma Sword

did i spell that right?

anyway, i am going to take part in Shi Yan Feng's seminar this summer in Dallas; he will be doing this form, and i wanted to know if there are any VCD's anyone could recommend for me to look at for reference before i go.

I've kind of come to choosing between Shi De Yang's VCD and one from this series: http://www.cmaod.com/shaolin3.html

Shi De yang's VCDs for Shao Hong Chuen and Yin Shou Guan were, well...okay...but shi de yang's VCD is more likely to be accurate than the other series, which is kinda sportier and i guess "younger" in that later generation monk way. but the good thing about the second series is that they do the moves over and over in different angles.

Does anyone here have a VCD on this, or knows one that they think would be better than the ones i've listed? any help would be nice, but please dont go on a rant about how i shouldnt use media for reference because thats just selfish

Thanks!

PS: dosent Zhang Li Peng have a VCD series or something like that out?

As far as the first question goes, almost. Bodhidharma is the most popular transliteration, at least, I think thats the Pinyin spelling.

Can't help ya with the rest, good luck though. You'll have alot of fun at that seminar.

Incidentally, zach, did you hear about that wookie fencing clinic in socal this summer? You have to sign a few waivers, but after the first day of basics, you get to fence wookies the next morning. I'll bring the tequila.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

lol, that was funny dao...

I'll be in Dallas...

try plumbub too, they have a lot of vcds.. also on ebay, don't know which series those guys sell, but there not all that expensive (one person sells them for a penny, then charges everyone 10 bucks shipping, which isn't too bad in the long run if you buy like 3 or something.).
      practice wu de

Comment

kick ass...i wonder if they'll have wookie push-hands at chinwoo...

Stylee- coolness, you gonna do any seminars?

Comment

that sounds incredible.

Comment

I'll probably be helping my shirfu with his seminars, and I was thinking I might try to go to the Yin Shou Gun or the damo straight sword

I'll be competing in Yang taiji, maybe the 24, traditional Northern forms, broadsword, and maybe push hands.. maybe more, maybe less.... I have to wait to see how my knee feels.
            practice wu de

Comment

cool...i'll be doing those two seminars too...also da hong chuen and some xingyi. i think i might also do 24 taiji, but ill see. i dont think ill be competing tho.

Comment

Check this Dogchow ( It is like Amazon ):

They have a lot of shaolin VDC. I have never bought there, but think
                I will do it next weekend.

Welcome to YesAsia.com. We are the number one online shopping website for Asian entertainment products covering Asian movies and videos, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese movies, TV dramas, Asian music, books, comics, games, electronics, and more! We offer Free International Shipping. - North America Site
                Hector Villarruel
                Guadalajara, Jalisco
                Mexico

Comment

I have bought a lot from them. They are very good in my opinion. The VCDs are so cheap that I bought Shi De Yang's collection, and they sell the entire Shaw Brothers collection in VCD.

Jon
                  "Bye Book!" - Ven. Damo

Comment

holy snarf, hvillarruel, thanks!

Comment

I think I will buy something this week.
                      Hector Villarruel
                      Guadalajara, Jalisco
                      Mexico

Comment

Working...
                      X