Uwes book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uwes book

Id just like to know whats good with Uwes book and its due date on the site or in stores or whatever

dunno about anyone else but i really wanna read it

amitabha
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

The Book

Maestro,

in regards to your question, I will provide a detailed answer tonight, because there is something I have to take care of first.

Uwe

Comment

Here is the answer

Maestro,

I am currently updating everything as well as combining everything previously posted into one big one. Actually, it will be divided into 3 volumes. I am almost done with volume one for the final draft, than it will be reviewed, and afterwards released and made available on the site. As for the division, I came up with the following:

Volume 1 will contain more historical Information, and will therefore be a little smaller, while the volumes 2 and 3 will contain techniques, from Qi Gong, The Iron Thread, Taming the Tiger over to the 72 Arts (A new translation of the 72 Arts of Shaolin by Jin Jing Zhong published in Tanjin in 1934 and not the one from Jianwing) and other material.

It takes some time because, I am trying to provide some good information and not just the run of the mill stuff. Addtionally this is more a side project, because I don't want to "shortchange" my students.

The way it is set up is as follows:

Once a chapter is completed, it will be sent to my Grandmaster (who is currently in Taiwan) for review. Once it comes back and if there are any changes to be made, they will be made. Then it goes to a second review, and finally it will be uploaded to russbo.

Finally, a word in regards to the translations itself:

The style of Chinese classical writing in which this and other works were written suggests broader interpretation of the text. Therefore the translation into European languages (particularly into English and German) requires considerable time.

Once a volume is complete, the process is repeated for the German version.

Afterwards, the next volume will be tackled. The reason for going this route consists in the fact that there is next to nothing available in German, and I would like to fill this void some.

Everything will be posted in PDF format.

Uwe

Comment

your iron wire and taming the tiger, are they similar to hung gas forms?

ty for the posts

amitabha

Comment

uwe are your translations going to be from lam sai wings books on gung gee, fu hok and tid sin etc?

i only ask cause you posted work by LSW already and i am a practitioner or lam family hung ga

amitabha

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
            uwe are your translations going to be from lam sai wings books on gung gee, fu hok and tid sin etc?

i only ask cause you posted work by LSW already and i am a practitioner or lam family hung ga

amitabha
            Yes my friend, these are the ones. But my first project are the 72 Arts of the Shaolin.

Comment

sweet

your an amazing guy uwe

keep up the good work!!

amitabha

Comment

Working...
              X