Please Respond!! Shaolin training near Toronto, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Respond!! Shaolin training near Toronto, Canada

OK, you may remember me from a couple other threads that I posted; if you don't that's fine. It's just that I have been reading up on Kung-fu like always, and it's killing me that there is no way that I can partake in it. I live in a small town about an hour east of Toroonto, towards Oshawa... in Canada... if anyone knows what I'm talking about. And there are no Kung-fu schools in this area. The only schools there are is in Toroonto, or even father, and I don't have the resources to have mobilization there all the time. I'm getting desperate. I need to find someone who teaches Kung-fu, even if it's not a school even if it's just a person who knows it very well who is willing to teach. I have tried every extensive search that I can think of and I've come to no avail. PLEASE, anyone that can help me I would be EXTREMELY greatful, I just have to learn it, Karate, just isn't cutting it anymore as much as I love it. so Please, if anyone knows where I can seek anyone who can teach me kung-fu, it would help me so much. I only pray that someone has a response. Canada is extremely lacking in convenient fighting styles and I need to find this. I've even gone to lengths as trying to create my own fighting style and it's just no good. Sorry for being so long in my post, but if someone could help me I would be indebted. Remember I live in Canada and Toronto is too far westward to comute to. Thank you in advanced.
    The Dronken Monk

Screw Canada ...

Screw Canada, Come to Las Vegas.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Yeah. Go to Vegas.

How long have you been training Karate. If you have enough self discipline, you could make a trip to a school - for example Vegas or New York- and practise what you learn there on your own and perhaps go back in a month or two to review what you've been practising and correct any mistakes you've been repeating.

It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. Hell, it's what I do with STUK. Admittedly the journey's only a couple of hours and I get to go every 3 or 4 weeks, but if you really wan't to learn, I'm sure you'll find a way.

Plus, if you go to Vegas, Steve can teach you about blonde women.

Please accept me as your student Steve, I want to learn. How much do you think you could teach me in 3 weeks?!
      Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Blonde Women 101

Hmm .. in 3 weeks??
        That most blonde women are not really blonde and how to find out if she only wants your money

I am still trying to figure out how to get a chick to mop a black marble floor and sweep up alot of leaves, if you have one in the Vegas Area, I have a job for her.
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Don't forget the dog hair. She has to be able to pick up dog hair.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Have you tried going into sports/fitness clubs and the like and asking what martial arts classes are taught there? Alot of kungfu schools are not listed on the internet still, sometimes leg work and using the phone still come up trumps.

Comment

Somewhere in the Toronto area, although I'm not sure in what direction or how far away, (close to Kitchener, I think) is my teacher's school, the Waterloo Kung Fu Academy, so you might see if that is close enough to you to attend. Also, I believe Master Pan is still up in that area.

Comment

Actual specific info

Here's some more specific and hopefully useful info about schools in Canada...

Comment

i'll second the idea that you should go to some kind of fitness place...i've found some surprizing people in the oklahoma city area. none of them teach what i want to learn, but they are there and its a start.

beware of frauds, tho. the biggest con artist in oklahoma city teaches in a fitnes center

DC

Comment

thanks everyone for the help. Sure I would come to Las Vagas, but the problem is that I'm 17 and I don't think that would go over too well with the parents. But thanks anyway. I'll continue looking and I really, really appreciate all the help, when I am a successful Kung-fu artist I will be sure to extent my most copious amounts of gratitude to you all.

Comment

You could always try the parks around 7 am when the old Chinese are out playing taiji. Just don't step on any needles & stay away from the crack whores & Hell's Angels. Oshawa's such a lovely place!

Comment

Well, if you possibly live close to Kitchener, Master Pan should still be there, and I'm sure he could teach you some SERIOUS chinese boxing skills, as he has the experience to back it up.
                        a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

good luck finding that guy...ive tried to look up his school/phone number to verify some info, and its like the guy dosent even exist...

but then i might be wrong

Comment

It's been a few years since I met Master Pan but this is what's written on his business card:

Canadian Chinese Kuo Shu (Martial Arts) Federation
                            Chinese National Martial Arts Senior Chief Coach
                            Vice President & Senior Chief Coach of Canadian Chinese KuoShu (Maqrtial Arts) Federation
                            Master Pan Qing Fu
                            Cellular 519-570-7206 Res. 519-741-5943
                            156 Duke St. W., #312, Kitchener, Ont. N2H 3X1 Canada

I checked his residential line & that # is still valid for him so he's probably still living at the same address.

Comment

Steve maybe you could convince her that this is free martial arts training?
                              http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Working...
                              X