My Jong Law Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jong Law Horn

Hey, I have started kung-fu training at a local martial art school about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to get back in shape and a friend of mine who was already doing kung-fu convinced me to train with him instead of going to the gym (actually I wanted to learn ninjitsu but then changed my mind). The Kung-fu style I am currently learning is My Jong Law Horn.

Anyone can give me some info on this style? I mean not the historical stuff, but more like what you think of it compared to different styles like wing chun or whatever.

Whatever your answers will be, I still intend on continuing my training, as I have only been training for a short time but already notice an overall increase of fitness and some slight (but progressing!) increase in my flexibility! (plus learning to kick some ass *cough*sorry*cough* is great fun)

My Jong is a cool style... There are a few different lineages, all with info around the net. If you try googling it, remember to try different spellings. One of the schools that I've seen compete has been fairly dominate in the forms divisions... not sure about the fighting.
    practice wu de

Comment

It's also spelled Mi Zong Luo Han or Mi Zong Lo Han.

It's a combination of a style called Mi Zong and Shaolin Lo Han.

Mizong is a Northern style famous for its footwork. I have never really been exposed to it, so I don't know what's so interesting about its stepping, but it's supposed to be unorthodox.

Liu Yun Chiao from the Yin Fu Ba Gua lineage was also a Mi Zong master IIRC. One of his disciples, Adam Hsu used to teach it here in the States.

Comment

Working...
      X