Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lipeng International Tournament this Saturday and Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipeng International Tournament this Saturday and Sunday!

What up people? Ha. Been a while since I last posted; anyway, just wanted to know if anyone was down to go to Lipeng Zhang's big event in Hoboken, New Jersey (at Stevens Institute of Technology); if anyone IS down to go, go ahead and post here or email me directly to let me know, that way we could meet up over there in the event. It's this Saturday, so try to reply ASAP.

meattosser@yahoo.com (My email)

As always, keep an open mind, and stay strong, peace...
    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

i'll be there

i am driving up from charlotte NC. should be in hoboken friday night. this event looks really promising for anyone practicing songshan shaolin curriculum. i can't wait to see who is performing in the masters demo. looking forward to meeting lots of new people.

-kungfud0rk

Comment

Hey Kungfu Dork, send me an e-mail, so I can meet up with ya over there in Hoboken, ha.
      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

have fun in Hoboken..

You all have fun in Hoboken, NJ over the weekend.... there will be Thunderstorms and Really Humid.

In Las Vegas this weekend it will be 108 , clear skies... I'm at the Pool here.
        Anybody coming to Vegas?
        Last edited by Steve; 07-23-2004, 06:09 PM.
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I'll lug my war mongering, republican, Dubya supporting a$$ down if you want.

Comment

Come on Down.
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

we could play marco polo

Comment

Mortal,

Are you competing at the tourney? Do you still take classes with Lipeng?

Comment

Who went?

So how did the Event in New Jersey go?

Comment

Heard it went well, there is a thread over at kung fu magazine forums...
                    practice wu de

Comment

Well, the tournament is over. Damn, Kungfudork, were you there or not? Maybe I saw you but I didn't know it was you, haha. Maybe you saw me, I was that one short Mexican dude in the blue shirt recording everyone. Matter of fact, I was pretty much the only Mexican there, hahahaha. Anyone else from here at Russbo.com that ended up going? The only thing that sucked about it was that I wasn't allowed to record the Masters' Demo part, they told everyone to turn off their camcorders. (I was thinkin' in my head, dammit I came 3,000 miles man!)
                      Still, for the most part, I had plenty of fun; got to meet people from Syracuse and Boston, as well as getting the chance to finally meet Guolin, XingYing, Li-Peng, and even Gene Ching; it's too bad you didn't make it Doc.

Comment

Not being allowed to record thye masters demo is a bunch of crap on the part of the shaolin community.
                        Hearing about that makes me happy I am not wasting my time with that overated, figure the apps out on your own, bullcrap "fighting" system.
                        Why should you not be allowed to tape it? The answer greed on the part of the monks.

Comment

Mortal,

I guess that means you didn't go and don't train anymore with Lipeng?

Comment

You got that right.

Comment

here are some pictures from the competitions..well my pictures..and yes kungfudork was there

Comment

Working...
                              X