Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shi de qian's book

Dear Doc,
    I have looked in several places but I cannot find anyone who sells Shi De Qian's, and Shi De Yang's 4 volume series on kung fu? Where would I get a copy, I know they are in Chinese, but I think I can get a friend to help me translate some, also are there pictures? What is the average price of the series?
    Thank you.

I'm not Doc but here's a link to those books. Hope that helps.
    Amithaba

Comment

I'm tempted, but 500? That's like alot of working hours. I might get strange looks from someone who finds out how much I paid for 4 books that I really can't read.

Comment

Also, does anyone on this site have copies? Are they worth it? Can you pick anything up from the photos if you don't understand the text?

Comment

I think it'll be really hard to comprehend the movements. You might be able to mimic the movements but you won't trully understand the meaning behind the technique.
          Amithaba

Comment

If it's too hard to understand it's probably not worth 500 for me, but I'm curious to hear Doc, beacuse he has suggested De Qian in the past. I also want to know if he meant the 500 dollar books when he suggested De Qian. Thank you Premier.

Comment

No problem Shaolin_Animal.
              Amithaba

Comment

They're in the DocStore. We have a whole selection of books. Not sure if they're all available though. We can get them, if we don't have them, with time.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Which books in the bookstore are those? The only multiple volume set there is the tagou books. Could you get De Qian's books, for under 500 (significantly under?)? Also www.shaolinbooks.com offers them for sale at 560 Yuan. This is about 70 USD. Is this website trustworthy? I emailed the website owner and he said if I remit the money to his bank account he'll send them. Or can you get the books? I would rather get them from docstore. I am looking for De Qian's "Shaolin Wushu Encyclopedia" I think it has 4 volumes and I have heard it referred to under other names. Thanks for your help.

Comment

We have it. It's cheaper than 500 USD. (I have to check what our price is). And I have a great distrust of dealing with Chinese businessmen. Even the ones I know, lol.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I don't see it in the docstore, will it be added? When should I check back? Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                        We have it. It's cheaper than 500 USD. (I have to check what our price is). And I have a great distrust of dealing with Chinese businessmen. Even the ones I know, lol.
                        I thought De Qians encycolpedia was out of print???

De qian has some awesome skills, and though he doesn't teach anymore being 70 + and all, Xing Hao being his student, and failing your getting hold of a copy ( which if you do manage to stock, Doc, I will personally fluff your robes ) there's always www.houstonshaolin.com for a very close second.

cheers

BL

Comment

Fluff my robes?

We do stock it. It's somewhere in my garage, lol, with all the other ****, uh, stuff.

russbo.com

Comment

I thought you had the tagou manuals doc... the 5 volume set for just under a C note....

Is there much of a difference between the two?
                            practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
                              I thought you had the tagou manuals doc... the 5 volume set for just under a C note....

Is there much of a difference between the two?
                              Shaolinstylee,

the difference between the books is like night and day. While the 5 volume set from Tagou covers mainly the Tagou school and is written in Chinese and English, Shi de Qians books go a lot further, not only in regards to techniques, but also in regards to history.

If you look at the website, given in a previous message in this thread go to the index which is listed there. it provides you a good overview on what is covered.

Uwe

Comment

Working...
                              X