Shi De Chao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi De Chao

Hey did someone ever met Shi De Chao? he seems a weird person, not weird but mysterious and interesting. Could you tell me more about him?

Here is what we can find at aboutshaolin.com:
    Master Shi De Chao, with the long bear and the Damo looking, is probably the most graphic figure of Shaolin Temple today. He was born on June 9, 1968, at Hou Li village near Wang Ji Xang town, at Tai Kang county of Henan Province in China.

His father Li Sang Ye and his mother Dong Yong Fang have four children; 2 daughters and 2 sons. His name before he became a Shaolin monk was Li Huai Qing and was attracted by martial arts very early. So at the age of 10 he started studying Shaolin boxing under the guidance of Master Li Shong Tang (passed away at 2002), at his village.

In 1980 a Shaolin Temple was partly rebuilt for the shooting of the movie Shaolin Temple. Li Huai Qing was surprised that the Temple he had heard so much about, was alive again. So he decided to become a Buddhist monk and he went to Shaolin Temple where he was accepted as a Shaolin disciple by Shi Su Xi and was given the name of Shi De Chao.

One day he had a vision and went to the mountain for solitude. Since then he left his bear grown and he looks like Damo. He is very powerful and highly skilled that almost no one can get close to him. Until now he has not accepted any student and he helps Shi De Yang with his martial art school at Deng Feng City.
    The last paragraph is interesting. Why dont he want to teach if he's so powerful? A indian saying: "All is not given is lost."
    =========
    Peace out!

He was in a video of National Geograhic with Shi hend jun, Shi de yang. The one that has a lot about the Secular Disciple Union.
    Hector Villarruel
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Mexico

Comment

Hey i also watched this video
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

oh that shi de chao and his crazy bear.

Comment

He's been several vids...

Thats all I know.

bear... beard, whatever
          practice wu de

Comment

you have to admit it would be much cooler if he had a crazy pet bear.

Comment

He teaches students. Probably more likely if he likes you he'll accept to teach you. Everybody's gotta make a living, you know.

Comment

I have met him. He spent quite a bit of time with us when we were in Shaolin.

He is a very good calligrapher, he wrote the giant "bha" we have at the back of the temple.

It's well over 10' tall, and executed in one stroke, using a huge brush.

Recently I understand he became a disciple of YX.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by arhat; 12-03-2004, 07:20 AM.
                "Arhat, I am your father..."
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Everybody is becoming "disciples" of Yongxin. I noted that in one of my Journals about two years ago. In my opinion, it's a security move. Kind of like buying insurance for your family.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by arhat
                    He is a very good calligrapher, he wrote the giant "bha" we have at the back of the temple.
                    Uh, "bha"? I think you're a bit mixed up there. That's "Buddha".

"A mi tuo Fo" is the transliteration of "Amida Buddha". A-mi-da= A mi tuo. You must be thinking of "Amitabha" being the translation of "A mi tuo Fo". Amitabha and Amida are the same thing. So, either Amitabha Buddha or Amida Buddha. Either way, the character is "Fo", which is not "bha" from Amitabha, and not "da" from Amida, it means Buddha. "A mi tuo" is the name, "Fo" is Buddha.

Comment

no **** sherlock.

don't make me use my titty powers.
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Don't get an attitude with me, Arafat.

Comment

Watch out. I've seen these "sesame street titty powers". Much more dangerous than the ones we have here in Las Vegas.

So don't mess with the guy with the horns, lol.
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

you know this whole pinyin thing always cracked me the hell up.

I mean, are Wade and Giles idiots? Just deal this stuff out phonetically. I do.

Anyway, since that is all made up, I usually make up my own stuff, and usually I think it makes a lot more sense.

Still though, you don't think De Chao would have been all right, being in Su Xi's shadow, so to speak. I mean, there are some monks who are bucking the trend and I thought he'd be one of them.
                            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Nah, I'm not worried. I know about the titty powers from the USA Shao Lin Temple. All of the Shi Heng's there have this amazing titty power. They can know exactly where and exactly how big the nipple is on a girl through any clothing. So, I'm not worried about that. It's nothing harmful and I'm a guy, so that would just make him gay. (which I'm not!)

Comment

Working...
                              X