Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about li peng's classes

Howdy,

I was wondering if someone who trained with Zhang Li Peng could tell me what else he teaches other then forms?Possibly sparring with different types of swords(perferably broad swords)...or regular hand to hand sparing?Its ok if he didnt I always have my sister's boyfriend to spar with me hehe.He was taught by some monk in Flushing,NY..but he left america to become a high monk.Not sure thats the right name for it forgive me if it aint =X).

B.t.w- I was also wondering what Xiao Hong Quan was?

Thanks
    Last edited by snocap; 08-03-2004, 03:20 AM.

I don't know about Zhang Li Peng but at least I can tell you that Xiao Hong Quan is usually the first traditional Shao Lin form taught to a new student. It's an ancient one. Over 1,000 and some years old. And pretty much unchanged for all that time. There are some videos of it in the video forum of this site. Just go check it out.

A mi tuo Fo
    -Xing Jian

Comment

Thanks for replying!

How about the other monks?If you could tell me if they teach how to spar?

Any info would be greatful!

Comment

They do not. If you want to learn how to fight join a wing chun school. The monks do not teach it.

Comment

Mortal, have you trained with any monk? Of course they teach sparring. You usually have to learn a few forms first. To get an idea of the style before you are just thrown in there to spar. You would create bad habbits hard to break and you don't know any Gong Fu so why spar? After some forms and ideas you will slowly get into defense and offense things and then sparring. They each teach their own fight philosophies as well. Which of course are very good.

A mi tuo Fo
          -Xing Jian

Comment

Originally posted by xing_jian108
            Mortal, have you trained with any monk?
            lol, not the question you wanted to ask.

Comment

LOLOL

Three of them over 6 years, 3 to 5 times a week like a devoted shaolin junky. Shaved head and everything.

Comment

damn... you must be one rich mofo to afford something like that

Comment

lol Far from it. It was all about devotion.

Comment

devotion will almost invariably turn somebody somewhere into a rich mofo.

Comment

rich in martial arts skills. Or in my case african dance.

Comment

Why would it cost more than training only once a week, doesn't Lipeng charge a monthly fee like the other schools? Does he charge per class?

Comment

A month....I ment to say that if he trained with all of the monks here the cost for travel would be immense.

Anyways....I took a class he explained to us that he does teach sparring after all the forms and self conditioning to your body has tooken place...

Exactly what xing_jian108 said

Mortal is wrong

thanks for the feedback

Comment

That's interesting. Mortal was so devoted and learned from these monks, but they didn't teach sparring. He must be evil or something...

Comment

He must have something agianst them

LiPeng also said about it taking at least 3-4 years to get there.

Comment

Working...
                              X