Former Interpol Agent and Gongfu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Interpol Agent and Gongfu...

Hey folks, just thought you guys might be interested in this article on David Race Bannon, former Interpol agent, had to look for it in the archives, I had read it a few weeks back on Kungfumagazine.com Website...

I trip out on the part when he fought that Japanese "farmer", heh; turns out that farmer may have practiced Hung Gar/Qigong; Bannon slammed a baseball bat on the farmer and it broke in half. Damn. Bannon then says he barely survived that fight...
    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

farmers are tough little bastards, with or without qigong. i would bet for one of them against an enlightened city slicker any day...

Comment

Zachsan: "farmers are tough little bastards, with or without qigong..."

Hahahahaha, yes indeed. Did you read the article though? The guy has been through hell and back.
      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

maybe.

it would seem that mr. bannon isn't really able to provide any conclusive evidence to back up his stories. also, i did a search for 'interpol' and 'archangel' on the net, and the only time i could find any mention of that particular 'secret organization', the principle source of information also happened to be.... david rice bannon, ph.d.

given the remarkable claims made by mr. bannon, i would venture to say that he possesses the substantial burden to prove them.

Comment

There is a thread on the forum there that has people doing research trying to debunk it all.
          practice wu de

Comment

"trying to debunk"? interpol's denied that he was ever employed by them. it should be about supporters "tying to prove"... but oh well.

do you have a link to it?

Comment

nevermind, i found it. i want to post a link, but my browser keeps crashing today when i try to open more windows.

anyway, on the thread the guy who wrote the article tries to back it up with a whole lot o' nuthin. he says (paraphrased), "i've done interviews about this stuff for a year, and i say it's true." we have to take this on faith... and on the competency of his publisher, who is also screening the information for its validity.

i'm sure we've all heard legends about the stringent standards book publishers set on their books' subject matter. that's why we hardly ever see books published about government conspiracies, secret organizations, and, for that matter, advanced technologies of UFOs, or the mystical powers our skin pigments give us.

he mentions that the story has been reported on elsewhere, without providing links to these sources, so that we can actually see what was being reported on... the contents of mr. bannon's book, or simply the fact that mr. bannon has written a book to this effect.

oh, and his dad says it's true.

unfortunately, this was enough to convince most contributors to that forum.
              Last edited by zachsan; 08-04-2004, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Even if it was true the guy is still a moron and needs to be slapped.

200 lbs?!? imagine how slow he is...and 50 pft to old to do anything....

Probably one of those karate guys that think there all that cause they got a "black belt".In reality belts dont mean crap.

(talking about "barbarian" guy)

Comment

Perphaps David Bannon is lying, but perhaps he's not. Only he knows the truth, right? Of course there isn't much info to his work as an agent, he was supposed to be low-profile. And most of that stuff is most likely still classified; Interpol can deny lots of things and get away with it. Doesn't mean it actually didn't happen. Oh well though, who knows. Interesting nonetheless.

Comment

actually it's funny you mention that, because i happen to be on mars right now. aliens have perfected wireless internet access the point where i don't even need to be on the same planet to respond to this board. you'd be amazed and how clever these aliens are. i just learned yesterday (when i got here) that they've been reprogramming all of the space probes that come here, to make it look like a barren planet with an atmosphere inhospitable to life! it's really quite ingenious. you should see the martian version of the carribbean... you'll never want to go back home again...

anyway, i hope you believe me. i can't really provide you with any proof, because the martians say i'm not allowed. but hey, as far as you're concerned, it could be true or not. either way it's interesting, isn't it?

Comment

Hahahha, indeed. I still say your avatar pic looks just like Guy Pierce, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X