A ridel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ridel....

I got a video tape that in Chinese martial arts a knife is like a tiger, like a sword is like a dragon, like a spear is like a leapord. Just curious what would a kama, sai, nunchucka, tonfa be?
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Intersting thought. But if I'm correct, the weapons you mentioned are not traditionally used in Chinese martial arts so I'm not sure how that would affect the answer to your question.
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

whatever, it's all arbitrary anyway, when it comes to obscure **** like that. become a master of something and then you can tell people whatever you want.

if a spear is like a leopard, and a knife is like a tiger, then what would a tiger fork be like, which has a lot more in common with a spear than a knife?

don't answer this. my point is don't worry about it.

Comment

Here I am defying you Zachsan!!!!!!

But seriously Zach's right, I wouldn't worry too much about it - but since I have less than 7 minutes before I'm supposed to start work I'll say this........... The person who was relating the weapon to an animal may have been doing so based upon the most common way of fighting with a weapon and then used the characteristics of that fighting style to match them with the characteristics of an animal. ?????

Who knows, who cares, it doesn't really matter.....does it
        Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

I was just thinking, I heard that comment from a tape on Chinese arts. I was just wondering since this is the mixed martial arts section, if anyone had any answers.

From what I have heard, which could be wrong, the tiger fork was used against tigers, hence the name. It was somewhat like a pitchfork.
          http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Working...
          X