R.I.P. Rick James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Rick James

Flamboyant funk music pioneer Rick James, a dynamic performer whose sensuous 1981 dance hit "Super Freak" came to embody the ruinous excesses of his colorful life, died in his sleep on Friday of natural causes. He was 56.
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

That sketch on Chappelle show is a classic. R.I.P.
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

Amen. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.....
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

He was a bad man, very bad. He treated women like ****. He got in trouble once for locking a teenage girl in his house, tying her up, and burning her with cigarrette lighters. Funk was better off without Rick James.

Comment

I don't see the point in posts like these. He was just an artist... he made flamboyant or whatever.. Not that the world wouldn't have done better without it.

This is one of the many things i don't like about the new global mentality spreading from USA. Worshipping celebrities.

Damn

Comment

relax, most people in the u.s. have forgot about it by now. we only worship our celebrities 15 minutes at a time.

Comment

Exactly. And frankly we worship not rick james, but the joke that he's become. There's a little super freak in all of us.

We're all rick james, Bitch.
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Asger
                I don't see the point in posts like these. He was just an artist... he made flamboyant or whatever.. Not that the world wouldn't have done better without it.

This is one of the many things i don't like about the new global mentality spreading from USA. Worshipping celebrities.

Damn
                You mad I did not post anything about Laura Branigan or Julia Child?

Originally posted by daodejing

We're all rick james, Bitch.
                Love that line.
                Last edited by Steve; 09-02-2004, 07:53 PM.
                I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

LOL .. Natual Causes..

Natural Causes?? Yeah right.

Funk singer Rick James died of a massive heart attack that may have been brought on by a cocktail of at least nine drugs that were found in his system, coroners said today.

The artist, best known for his 1981 hit Super Freak, died in Los Angeles on August 6 at the age of 56, leaving questions over the cause of his sudden demise.

Coroners today ruled the death accidental, saying there were drugs in James' system ranging from cocaine and methamphetamine to prescription drugs including Xanax, Valium, Wellbutrin, Celexa, Vicodin and Digoxin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X