ActionFlex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActionFlex

I just saw this ActionFlex thing on the net. It's some amazing **** if they work. It's these training weapons, swords and suchlike that allow, through a piston system, to dispence energy through the core rather then through the opponent. The practical upshot of which is that you can hit the dude as hard as you like...

Awesome...

Last edited by Lipster; 08-12-2004, 12:56 PM.

me and my friend got two of those samurai swords just for fun. neither of us take any traditional japanese sword MA, but we like kicking the crap out of each other.

they're a lot of fun, but i don't know what piston system you're talking about... they're just foam rubber...

Comment

Read the third link for the piston thing..

From what I understand, even if you had a regular foam rubber stick or sword it would still hurt like hell if I thwacked you with one as hard as I could. These things are supposed to absorb the impact. Or something.

Comment

ah.

The essence of the design is based on a unique piston principle, produced by using different lengths and diameters of nylon bushing stock and polyethylene, providing superior flex-action necessary to each product item. Proper weighting and casting characteristics are achieved by using these materials in these specific lengths and diameters. Nylon bushing stock is assembled in a piston style process without glue or adhesives using a unique double-pinning process.
        so it's made like a piston, meaning the "business end" is lighter than the handle, so it has a lot of give.

but i'm just being anal. these things are great. when you whack someone on the back, it sounds like a gun shot, but doesn't even leave a bruise.

one time me and another friend were really drunk (after the eagles lost their third straight NFC championship game, mother ****ing ****) and understandably upset, so we thought it would be a good idea to take two of these things and have a big fight in the middle of the street in front of my apartment building. we underestimated the noise that would make and got fined for underage drinking.

just thought i would share.

Comment

gd Eagles. and Phillies.

I love fighting obscenely loudly in inappropriate places.

Comment

that's because you're from philly. or at least the general area.

what do you think of that 81-yard Owens touchdown? i just can't wait til he does it when it matters...

Comment

Oh the glory that could be TO!
              I've given up on the Phils, but the EAGLES and Flyers are shapn up nicely.
              Leven's, though up there, may not be that bad of an acquisition, either.

Comment

yeah but i would rather have buckhalter anyday. LFF must be cursed. i think Satan's got it out for us.

Comment

Yeah, that Buckhalter ish is a tragedy, no doubt. I was really pullin for him through last season, and this is just a blow to the team.

I know Satan's got it out for us. We are the gateway to hell, based solely on weather, and construction.

Comment

Working...
                  X