Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaolin kungfu forms

Hi everybody...

I think that learning shaolin forms from different masters is a little confusing.Thats because the style is different.I thought that we can create our own form,like xiaohong chuan for example,every masters has a way,like when you do the pubu movement in xiaohongchuan,some masters continue without doing this movement,they just turn into gongbu.So,I thought that if we learn the same form from two masters in two different ways,we could just mix.What do you think?
    I think that this is better than learning one form in two different ways.Or more than two different ways!

Yes, it's good that way. I've learned the same form (tong bei quan) from a few different masters. All teaching some parts a bit differently. I didn't know what to do. So I took the movements with most application possibilities and did it my own way. If there is a really important application, I will do it that way. Not thinking about just the way it looks. But keep the applications. That's what's important to me. You might find the same to be helpful.

A mi tuo Fo
    -Xing Jian

Comment

I did that with xiaohong chuan.I have learned the short xiaohong chuan in two different ways,I took the movements I like and changed it.I also did that in the traditional xiaohong chuan.I have learned too many forms of xiaohong chuan.But if you excel in one of the forms you have too learn many versions of it.Just as what shi xing ying said in the shaolin kungfu taichi megazine,I think that he excels in xiaohong chuan.Thats because he said that he was collecting the xiaohongchuan from about twenty masters.

Comment

Working...
      X