exsternal training for the martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exsternal training for the martial arts

i have a question for anyone woh can help me or send me some links. i work out alot but im looking for the most effective exercises for the legs , calfs, tricepts, biceps , and pec's, and whats the best way for a pulled hamstring to heal. and whats the most effective way to get a lower flexible back my back is flexible but not super flexible i want to step up everything another notch i was hopin you guys could help me out.
    derek presti

Read in the hospital section about hamstring injuries.

Personally, the most effective exercise you can do, is the exercise you enjoy doing the most. As for increasing flexibility in your lower back, I suggest caution with that. As you age, your flexibility can decrease, especially with respect to your spine. There are structures in there (discs, nerve roots) that you really don't want to injure; the complications of that can greatly diminish your ability to exercise in the future. Always be careful with your spine. Once injured, it doesn't heal quickly, and the end results can be detrimental to future training ability. Be careful with that.

Personally, I currently like boxing (sanda, Muay Thai), weight lifting, and swimming. My gong fu training suffered when my lungs got bad a year ago. I don't run no mo, as I've got some serious problems with cervical discs being "unhappy", as a result of a bad car accident. Swimming, in my opinion, is some of the best exercise you can do. Non impact, non traumatizing, very soothing to the body. You should do what makes you happy. It all works.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I went to a pool one day, it was interesting. I did all my forms in the water. I think it helped with my footwork. I wouldn't do any jogging, or tread mills. Maybe some eclipicals, nordic master, or other stuff that's low impact. I have heard stretching twice a day, once in the morning and in the afternoon helps. But I would caution avoid bending your back.
      http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Working...
      X