Holy Moly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Moly

I was just watching one of the Private Collections of Shi Xing Wei...I found it pretty amusing how the dummies would just fall to the ground and lay there. It just looks pretty humorous.

*gets pushed*

*flails in the air*

It was also pretty funny that the person breaking things on his body would just throw the stick away with a sort of "eh, screw it" look. HAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH...oh boy.

Funny as it is, that is a really nice video. I would have posted this reply under that topic, but I was watching his exercise and I saw him breaking things with his body and it was pretty impressive. The only real thing I do to train myself like that (I don't know how to use my chi like that, so I just strengthen the bones and muscles) is arm banging and the occasional punch to the stomach (me hitting myself) and other various places such as the quads, upper arm, etc.

But after watching the Muay Thai Ouch video and hearing various peoples talk about the cons of that kind of training, I am getting mixed feelings about training my shins. What do you guys suggest?

PS- Sorry about not replying to my posts, I have been busy and sometimes I will forget where the post is after I read it and exit out of the window, heh.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

well I think you are referring to what are generally called iron body skills.

I think there are a lot of different ways to learn it. Learning it without a qualified master is a mistake.

You can qualify a master by observing them perform the skill, and then looking to see if they are disfigured. Pan QingFu is a perfect example. Horribly disfigured. Does he have an iron fist? Undoubtedly. BUT there are ways to achieve the same without the disfigurement. Moy Yat was said to have hands that were very soft, he was an artist...Yan Ming has regular hands...you know the old saying, soft as cotton hard as steel...
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

argh, whenever someone speaks of iron body skills, I cringe as I think back to "The Dragons of the Orient" and the iron egg skill....akjshdkjashwerwerdhjdsgfdsak!!!

But thanks for the advice. I guess I should ask any of my teachers if they can teach me.

Comment

why would you really need to learn Iron body anyway?

Comment

Why not? I want to learn all I can if I could. Plus, even if I wasn't quite iron body, maybe a softer metal like tin would be good enough. I don't want to be vunerable in my shins or anything...but iron egg training makes me nervous.

Comment

just curious, more than anything. I guess there's some stuff you could call "iron body" that just kind of comes with sparring and drilling over time, but i think most of what people rigorously (and dangerously) train as "Iron Body" just ends up being an unneccesary damage to the body. Strong forearms and shins- good idea...to do a million headbutts a day against really much of anything, hitting yourself as hard as you can on all sorts of vulnerable parts of the body, etc- not a very good idea- unless the only use you have is to someone else as a warrior. I just dont see a place for it when it comes to most martial artists today- who are not warriors or guns for hire.

also, if you dont plan on living very long, not a bad idea then. But i think many people just kind of get caught up in this pseudo-remantic idea that they are some kind of warrior lean-machine type from some movie or something when they could otherwise just be leading a much more productive, healthy and realistic martial life.

Not to downplay your intentions, man. i was just curious as to why you would want to learn it.

Softer, like tin, actually thats not a bad idea at all- its actually what i'm kind of going for but more felxible...more whippy, as i guess Dao would say it.

Comment

Because it would be so badass to brag about it!

Nah, really though, I wouldn't really want-- and probably won't be able to get to such a level as iron anything. However, I still prefer a harder body.

Comment

hah.

well, that works...i just wanted to know whether you actually planned on becoming like some kind of impenetrable robot or just wanting to do a bit for strength sake.

Comment

bee bee bee boo bop.

101001010000010110101010 (hahahahhah)

Comment

Working...
                  X