People here know fook fu kurn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People here know fook fu kurn?

The Taming the Tiger/Catching the Tiger form?

If you do, I was wondering if yours if different from mine or not. It would be really interesting to see people do this form.

How I was taught:

Basic bow

Block twice by swining your arm, the uppercut with opposite arm. 45 degree steps each time
    Cougar paw, stepping back each time. 180 degrees
    Come back into your side and block by shifting your hands, stepping each time
    Step into a push
    Punch with one hand while blocking with forearm infront of the face
    180 degree to 90 degree punches

Eh, even if you do the exact same form, you won't know what the hell I am saying or how it looks. I am just interested in your varations (or not)
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Umm...

I am in the process of learning Gung Gee Fuk Fu Kuen. I believe that there were originally two different forms that were combined to make Gung Gee Fu Fu Kuen. It would seem that yours is one of the shorter halves, because the version I am learning is a LOT longer than that. It takes around three to four minutes to do at full speed. Well...for me at least.

The version I am learning is the one taught by Sifu Wing Lam.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesC
      Umm...

I am in the process of learning Gung Gee Fuk Fu Kuen. I believe that there were originally two different forms that were combined to make Gung Gee Fu Fu Kuen. It would seem that yours is one of the shorter halves, because the version I am learning is a LOT longer than that. It takes around three to four minutes to do at full speed. Well...for me at least.

The version I am learning is the one taught by Sifu Wing Lam.
      Right, I stopped about 1/3 into it.

Full speed, it takes me about two minutes.

I learned from my uncle, heh.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

DAMN i wish i had martial arts in my family!

*green with envy*

Comment

Working...
        X