putin complains about US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putin complains about US

if what he's saying has any validity to it i can't really blame him. i would think that by now the US would have learned not to deal with terrorists. especially considering the proximity of chechnya to certain even more volatile areas, and the fact that terrorist groups usually have no problem dealing with other terrorists of opposing ideology if it means cash or weapons....

then again, there's israel. putin compares this with talking to osama bin laden, i wonder if he recognizes the similarities with that situation...

i sure as hell won't, considering that it's probably about to be overrun.

Comment

Putin blamed what he called a "Cold War mentality" on the part of some U.S. officials, but likened their demands that Russia negotiate with the Chechen separatists to the U.S. talking to al Qaeda.

These are not "freedom fighters," Putin said. "Would you talk with Osama Bin Laden?" he asked.

Putin said the Chechen separatists are trying to ignite ethnic tensions in the former Soviet Union and it could have severe repercussions.

"Osama Bin Laden attacked the United States saying he was doing it because of policies in the Middle East," Putin said. "Do you call him a freedom fighter?"

Putin's comments came a few weeks after the U.S. granted asylum to Ilias Akhmadov, the "foreign minister" of the Chechen separatist movement.

WTF is our govt doing now? Trying to support democracy in Chechnya? When are they going to figure out that this **** is none of our business?

The Chinese constantly mention this about the US. That we are always sticking our noses into other people's business. And they're right. The US govt sometimes has a very shortsighted ignorant view of the world. As if everybody should live as we do.

What I find curious about all of this, however, is the fact that I haven't seen any mention of this on MSNBC. Interesting that CNN is highlighting this issue....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

well it wasn't exactly highlighted. i visit the site every day and this is the only article i've seen on the issue. it was gone from the front page by the next day.

as far as the US wanting everyone to be like us, i sort of agree, but this whole deal has the ring of an intelligence issue to me. this asylum could be the product of some related deal. after all, sticking our noses where they don't belong is the job of our intelligence agencies, and i see no problem with that at all, as long as the activities are less Creating A State In Our Own Image and more Watching Our Own Ass.

Comment

we're the most powerful country in the world. whether or not we like it, everything's our problem.

Comment

Good point about this being some sort of intelligence thing. Hadn't thought of that. Probably why it disappeared so quickly from the news radar. We seem to forget that there's always lots of **** going on "behind the scenes" that people don't become aware of. Until the historians start digging around and writing about it thirty years later. The Vietnam war is an excellent example of this.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Working...
            X