Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meditation For The Temple

Quote from the Editorial Team of aboutshaolin.com
    The 25th of September is a good time to meditate.

This meditation will focus on the origins of Chan at Shaolin Temple. This is for the old ancestors. The ones that have lived through terrible times and survived to teach and perpetuate chan and gongfu through generations of time.

Please join our meditation on the 25th of September at 8:00 pm Beijing China time.

This will help all to find local times
    International Time Zones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock
    Maybe some of you don't know what is the purpose of meditating for the temple and the origins of Chan, let me explain it a little:

-It's to show our respect to the temple and buddhism

-It helps to remember the origins of what we are practicing which is a very long history

-It's to thank our Chan/martial arts ancestrors. To name some: Bodhidharma (Da Mo), Sidharta Gautama (Buddha), every shaolin monks, your sifu, your community, ...

-If we all can do it at the same time, it's showing the high level of respect for the temple/Chan

-Every meditation will calm the mind and let you a great feeling of inner peaceful

-It will let you the feeling that you are not alone in your meditation, we are a big community, it's not only people from a little forum on their computer, only users, but true martial arts/buddhists from the entire world paying respect to the Shaolin Si.

Thanks to all of you who can join us!

Amitabha!
    Chen Zen
    =========
    Peace out!

Good Idea. I will be meditating next saturday at 14:00 my local time.

Comment

well next saturday september 25th happens to be the day before my 21st birthday.

i will be meditating and calming my mind all day long to prepare for the chaos that will beset it starting at midnight. here i come AC.

Comment

There's a world clock on this site.

Somewhere....
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

I noticed at the bottom of the threads in that blue line that the time is posted relative to GMT

Comment

haha, yeah i could have sworn i saw it too, in that part of the site where it's blue.

Comment

blue? where's that? I don't see it

Comment

Yom Kippur
                life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

that's next week lol

Comment

Thank you all to join us!
                    Amitabha!
                    =========
                    Peace out!

Comment

Good thing I am no longer going to homecoming on that day. And good thing I thought I was going to homecoming and convinced the family not to go on a trip. Everything works out...
                      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                      X