Funny thing this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny thing this morning

Ok so I rolled off the bed this morning and found out that I can't put any pressure on my left foot. I was perfectly fine yesterday so I dunno what happened while i was sleeping. The pain is coming from my left foot, I believe near/around the cuboid bone. I put some tiger balm and wrapped up that area. One of my friends was telling me that I should walk on that foot and another said that I should keep off that foot. What do you recommend?
    Amithaba

Does walking on it hurt? Sometimes injuries that pop up after sleeping are a simple matter of impaired blood circulation due to the way you slept. If this were the case, you would notice the pain go away with some excercise as the bloodflow returned.

If it hurts to walk on it, don't walk on it. Try massaging the affected area, but as if it needs to be said don't cause yourself unneccessary pain massaging it.

Did you train last night? More specifically, did you do any heavy foot stomping or kicking hard objects last night?
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Yah walking on it hurts like a ******. I put my foot in a bucket of ice to numb it a bit while walking..Later on during the day i put in a warm water bucket and massaged it a bit w/ tiger balm. Still the pain is as bad as it was this morning. I havent' done any training in the past few days. So i dunno what it could be.
      Amithaba

Comment

is there a piece of glass stuck in your foot?

Comment

Haha, nah no glass or thorns.
          Amithaba

Comment

Is the pain in a fixed, specific spot? or is it diffused over an area of the foot?

Comment

Specific spot..It's on the left foot, an inch or so right below that groove by the ankle..
              Amithaba

Comment

on the inner side or the outer side of the foot?

Either way, it sounds like blood stagnation. You managed to injure yourself pretty good. I'm not sure why it took so long to manifest though......

if you cant massage the area without aggravating the pain, try massaging the soft cavity like area in back of the knee.

Comment

Working...
                X