X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study shaolin in China

Hi!
    I am a 19 year-old student from Norway
    I have been training Tae-kwon-do for about 4 years as a youngster but thats a decade ago
    I started training Kung-fu(wushu) when i was 17 but just for 1/2 year since i had to serve in the kings gourd(army), but i am back now and have started training again.

I have been saving up money to study at http://www.shaolins.com/ northern China
    The Kung-fu i am learning now is wery similar to shaolin so i was thinking about training maby 8 years here in Norway and save up money to go to China.

My dream is to one day be able to settle down in a temple(is that possible?).

I was wondering about your opinion to that since i am soon 20 and a foreigner(and i dont know Chinease)

thanks for your help! I am honoured to get feedback from real monks

amitoufo,

What you set down for your goals in attaining shaolin training and to possibly enter a monestary is a great deal of challenge. Be sure that where ever you make the decision to go and train actually has a chan Buddhism class that will help you learn some fundementals and basics of chan buddhism along with your gongfu training. To enter a temple is a awesome thing and you should be sure that all of your training leading up to the time you enter will help you. Please really look at who is teaching how often they teach and what the teaching covers before making your final decision to train at a particular school.

If you have specific questions I would be happy to help just send me an email at shixingrui@yahoo.com

amitoufo and may Buddha light your path well for you.

Comment

Here is a picture of some of our current studnets learning lion dance form. We teach Lion Dance as well as meditation and acupuntcure as part of our shaolin training program. You can look at our web sites on www.shaolintemplekungfu.uk.com as well as reading our school bio and Shi Xing Mings bio on www.aboutshaolin.com. I have had several articles published on the about shaolin forum pertaining to shaolin yinqigong, Shi De Qian, baduan jin form, the biography of Shi De Qian and many others. Any questions regarding our school please contact me through shixingrui@yahoo.com or Shi XIng Ming at shaolinmonk_gongfu@hotmail.com
      wishing all peace in their hearts and training
      Attached Files

Comment

I am in China right now myself, and am in fairly much the same situation. If you can find a school and negotiate a price before you arrive, you should be fine. If not, there are many schools in Dengfeng who even have an english speaking rep on board. Just don't be affraid to haggle ( because they expect you to ) and don't be shy of looking around. each shifu, master etc ( and his students, who will more likely be your own shifu ) has a different skill major and different method. Search on google, find what you 're after and no doubt someone's catering.

BL

Comment

Working...
        X