X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Rodney Dangerfield

From Reuters:
    Comic Rodney Dangerfield Dies in L.A. at Age 82

Rodney Dangerfield, the goggle-eyed comic famed for his self-deprecating one-liners and signature phrase "I can't get no respect," died on Tuesday at age 82, his spokesman said.

A veteran Las Vegas headliner and TV variety-show fixture who became a pop culture sensation in middle age with a string of broad film comedies starting with "Caddyshack" in 1980, Dangerfield died at the UCLA Medical Center, where he had undergone heart valve replacement surgery on Aug. 25, spokesman Kevin Sasaki said. Dangerfield suffered a stroke following his surgery in August and "developed infectious and abdominal complications from which he did not recover," Sasaki said.

Some of my Rodney favorite lines:

I'll tell ya, my wife and I, we don't think alike. She donates money to the homeless, and I donate money to the topless!

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

With my dog I don't get no respect. He keeps barking at the front door. He don't want to go out. He wants me to leave.
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

When he was admitted to the hospital, the doctors were asking him about his medical history.

He told them that they should ask him about things that he knew well, like, drugs and prostitution.

Gotta love this guy. Wish I had seen him in Vegas.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Rodney Dangerfield's 21 best 1 liners

1. I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ... I'd have had nothing to play with.
      2. A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over; nobody's home." I went over. Nobody was home.
      3. During sex, my girlfriend always wants to talk to me. Just the other night she called me from a hotel.
      4. One day I came home early from work ... I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy, why are you doing that?" He said "Because you came home early."
      5. Its been a rough day. I got up this morning ... put a shirt on and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.
      6. I was such an ugly kid...When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.
      7. I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and radio.
      8. I was such an ugly baby... My mother never breast fed me. She told me that she only liked me as a friend.
      9. I'm so ugly... My father carries around a picture of the kid who came with his wallet.
      10. When I was born, the doctor came into the waiting room and said to my father, "I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but he pulled through."
      11. I'm so ugly... My mother had morning sickness... AFTER I was born.
      12. I remember the time that I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.
      13. Once when I was lost, I saw a policeman, and asked him to help me find my parents. I said to him, "Do you think we'll ever find them?" He said, "I don't know kid. There's so many places they can hide."
      14. My wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday.
      15. I'm so ugly...I worked in a pet shop, and people kept asking how big I'd get.
      16. I went to see my doctor. "Doctor, every morning when I get up and I look in the mirror...I feel like throwing up; What's wrong with me?" He said... "I don't know but your eyesight is perfect."
      17. I went to the doctor because I'd swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. My doctor told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.
      18. With my old man I got no respect. I asked him, "How can I get my kite in the air?" He told me to run off a cliff.
      19. Some dog I got. We call him Egypt because in every room he leaves a pyramid. His favorite bone is in my arm. Last night he went on the paper four times -three of those times I was reading it.
      20. One year they wanted to make me poster boy - for birth control.
      21. My uncle's dying wish was to have me sitting in his lap; he was in the electric chair.

Comment

RIP RD... inspired many a comic...

Geez, I better move Caddy Shack up my netflix queu. I just watched Back to School a few nights ago.
        practice wu de

Comment

Was Rodney Dangerfield's death foretold on his own Web site? The "Joke Of The Day" on rodney.com on Tuesday--the day he died at age 82 of complications from heart surgery--went as follows: "I tell ya I get no respect from anyone. I bought a cemetery plot. The guy said, 'There goes the neighborhood!'" -Jim Slotek, Toronto Sun

Comment

Working...
          X