Shaolin Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Video

I'm seeing more and more videos made by the shaolin monks or disciples like in VHS or DVD. There is the video teaching Yi Jin Jing, another teaching Tong Zi Gong, etc. Did you buy a video made by some shaolin disciples/monks? Could you recommend some? Any comments on them?
    =========
    Peace out!

Over at ShaolinWolf I helped someone interested Mantis style. In return for helping him so much he mailed old videos he had at his home. HE no longer had use for them so he gave them to me as a thank you. It was a Shao Lin vhs. I think it was very good. It was teaching each movement very slowly and explained everything. Though it was only in Chinese. Then it showed the whole form. Other videos only show a sequence of movements. And then play that over and over. And you have to play it in slow motion to follow along. So you must have some previous knowledge in Shao Lin. Also it didn't teach applications. I think this is because they don't want beginners to be silly with it. They expect you to have some previous knowledge and then take it to a real master to find your mistakes and also you can discover the applications yourself, or ask a master.

About DVD and VCD, I don't know. Never seen them.

A mi tuo Fo
    -Xing Jian

Comment

Why are the techs too deadly? lol I know mantis. It is good for a form but I think you would be dissapointed with the hidden techs. The version you saw is wushu. They don't teach apps because the form is so watered down from the orginal fighting mantis that it is only for show. Thusly the applications are so far removed from the performance wushu that they don't make sense.

You may ask how I know what you saw. Basically I have only seen one Mantis form from Sonshan.
      If you want to see real applicable mantis that is practical try Southern Mantis.

Comment

No, Mortal. This guy was interested in 7 Star Mantis. A style that I teach. I helped him with some of the information and basics of the style and what to look for in a teacher.

In return for this he sent me a video that was of Shao Lin Pao Quan. And that's the video I was talking about. Not the Shao Lin Tang Lan Quan form. That is totally Wu Shu now. I haven't seen a monk actually do it the right way for a long time.

A mi tuo Fo
        -Xing Jian

Comment

My mistake about the form. I didn't know you were a teacher. 7 star is another good mantis style. Are you near New York?

The pure wushu mantis form is an extremely challenging one to perform regardless of apps.

Comment

Also, what styles do you teach besides 7 star?

Comment

I'm not near New York. I'm in the midwest.

I just teach Shao Lin and 7 star. I've done other styles like Ba Gua and Xing Yi, E Mei Snake, Mi Zong Quan.. but not near enough to be teaching them. Just to help my personal fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by xing_jian108
                I'm not near New York. I'm in the midwest.
                Wow, somebody actually also from the Midwest. But by that I'm guessing you mean Chicago?

Comment

There are plenty of people in the midwest...

Comment

hii xing_jian108 plz help me by sending me videos for the real shaolin kung-fu boxing to learn from it and thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                    X