questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions

Would it be bad to practice Qi Gong before going to bed?
    =========
    Peace out!

Before dinner is better...

Practice Qi Gong, eat dinner, go to sleep.

Comment

practise soft qi gong any time you like. If it's hard qi gong do like xing jian said.

Comment

"practise soft qi gong any time you like. If it's hard qi gong do like xing jian said."

Ba Duan Jin is soft Qi Gong right?

Are the qigong exercises made to active every qi center. To get a good balance. If I'm practicing some movements of Ba Duan Jin but not those activating the qi of kidneys. Isnt it suppose to create a unbalance qi flow?
        =========
        Peace out!

Comment

Just don't practice after 10pm at night. Unless you can practice 4 times a day, sunrise, noon, sunset, and midnight. If you can practice constantly, do so.

Otherwise, no qigong after 10 pm.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

ddj: why not?

Chenzen, yes, I would consider ba duan jin soft since you don't break bricks or smash your hands into a boulder.
            If you are relaxed in your muscles & concentrated in your mind, you will make the blood flow out and back in your limps like a heavy tide. And with the blood comes the qi, which travels outside on the veins.
            in ba duan jin, your palms will get hot and you can feel the blood pumping heavily in your fingers. If you can't feel this, try relaxing more in your muscles and just keep doing the exercises for many months.

Comment

"in ba duan jin, your palms will get hot and you can feel the blood pumping heavily in your fingers. "

I'm practicing Ba Duan Jin for only four months and sometimes I forgot or just didnt to the exercise. I'm doing it only one time a day.

I'm asking if it's bad before sleeping because im wondering about the Qi or blood after. Will it be bad to enter a deep relaxation right after Ba Duan Jin? Well let's say that after the Ba Duan Jin i'm doing simple activities like walking 15 minutes and after i'm going to bed.
              =========
              Peace out!

Comment

What's good is if you do it before any workout or activity. I have my classes start with Ba Duan Jin. Then go into the workout. You don't want your energy too high before starting the Qi Gong excersize. And it helps warm you up and get your blood flowing well before starting the workout.

So, it's not bad to have activities after Qi Gong. But before Qi Gong is not a good idea. So, say you are at the park down the street and you practice Qi Gong. Then start some Gong Fu training, or just walk home. Either of those activities are fine because it's after Qi Gong. Qi Gong shouldn't be used as a cool-down from a workout. Let stretching be used for a cool-down. Then you can walk home, get something to eat and do whatever. Then go to sleep.

Or, if it has been a few hours after your workout earlier in the day, and now you are home and eat dinner. Sit around and watch tv or post on the forums for a little while. Then you can do some Qi Gong (soft) just before you go to sleep. All it's going to do is relax your body and allow you to sleep well.

A mi tuo Fo
                -Xing Jian

Comment

I didnt know qi gong shouldnt be done in a cool down or after a exercise. Thanks for your good explanations! I have some little changes to do in my schedule then...
                  =========
                  Peace out!

Comment

So, my schedule was like that:

Get Up
                    Running (20 minutes)
                    Dynamic Stretching (25 minutes)
                    Strength/Endurance Exercise (30 minutes)
                    Techniques (15 minutes)
                    Qi Gong/Tai Ji Quan (20 minutes)
                    Walking (15 minutes)
                    BreakFast
                    Meditation
                    Shower
                    School

Is there a place I could place my Qi Gong/Tai Ji practice considering now it's right after hard training and it shouldnt be? Should I move Qi Gong on my afternoon training? Because I really like to do Qi Gong the morning outside and I want to keep Running, Dynamic Stretching and Strength/Endurance exercises as my beginning of training, right after waking up.
                    =========
                    Peace out!

Comment

Just put it before the running. It's a good warm-up to running and it feels really good. Especially being the first thing you do in the morning.

Comment

Yeah but apparently the first thing we should do is Dynamic Stretching (according to Thomas Kurz) and I wanted to add Running before. I believe if i put Qi Gong and Tai Ji before my dynamic stretching wont be effective as if dynamic is the first thing done...
                        =========
                        Peace out!

Comment

Well, for my classes, we start with Qi Gong. Then we have a little running. And then dynamic stretching moving across some area. Then go into other basics and kicking practice. Then static stretching. After that the next hour is all for San Da, forms practice, strength and endurance training.

But... many students come quite early in order to warm-up on their own. Which usually involves some dynamic stretching. So, it's done before Qi Gong. Only not so much. Mostly just to loosen up.

Comment

Yeah maybe that's what you're going but it doesnt mean that is effective as the Thomas Kurz method.

I took a book on Qi Gong at the library and here is the contains:

STATIC ZHAN ZHUANG

Ti Bao Chi - Holding the sphere
                            Chang Bao Chi - kissing the sphere
                            Bao Tan Tien - Protect the Tan Tien
                            Fu Hu Chi - something the Tiger
                            Xiang Long Chi - Push the dragon

DYNAMIC ZHAN ZHUANG

Fen Shui Chi - Divide the water
                            Hu Xing - Tiger form
                            Xiong Xing - Bear form
                            Hou Xing - Monkey form
                            She Xing - Snake form
                            He Xing - Crane form

LUI ZI JUE (SIX SECRET SOUNDS)

Xu - Liver
                            Ke - Heart
                            Hou - Spleen
                            Si - Lungs
                            Chouei - Kidneys
                            Xi - Three warmers

AUTOMASSAGE

Could I practice these exercises like right after or before my Ba Duan Jin practice? Which exercise is the more powerful? What do you know about these Qi Gong practice (the ones i listed)?
                            =========
                            Peace out!

Comment

Zhan Zhuang is a more advanced and dangerous practice. It involves holding stances while practicing the Qi Gong. Which can give some problems if not done correctly. It's not just simple like Ba Duan Jin. So, I would hold off on learning that if I were you.

The others are used as a healing form of Qi Gong. I will show you a website where this is used from one person to another. You can see each different organ is associated with an animal. When the waves of Qi go through the person cleansing their organs this makes them move around uncontrolably like the certain animal. I've posted about this on shaolinwolf if you've seen that. It was a while ago...

Here's the site anyway. It has video of the healing Qi Gong as well as used for martial arts. It is Shi De Long. Who spells his name wrong. Shi DeLon. Like it's French or something. I don't know what's with him. It says he's a monk but he has long hair. But anyhoo, he can take a hard hit to the throat and deliver a nice one inch punch. So I won't talk about him....

Comment

Working...
                              X