Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fundraiser for Venerable Grandmaster Shi Suxi ONE WEEK ONLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser for Venerable Grandmaster Shi Suxi ONE WEEK ONLY!

Greetings everyone!

This is actually the first post I've made on brother Xinghung's site here. I'm usually too inundated with our site to get out to anyone else's, even my dear bro, Russbo. But here's a worthy cause, so I hope you all can support it.

I'm working on helping to raise funds for Venerable Grandmaster Shi Suxi's 80th birthday celebration on Nov. 9th (next Tuesday!) It’s all through our non-profit branch, the Tiger Claw Foundation. We're contributing $800 out of our own pockets, and donating premiums for anyone else who wants to donate. As you all probably already know, Suxi's old monk quarters were destroyed in the latest rennovation and he is now residing in the old PSB building next door. The rennovation has left little budget for Suxi's 80th, so he and his disciples, Deyang, Deru, et.al. are asking for donations. I've written up an new article about our meeting with Suxi two weeks ago and this fundraiser. I hope that you can donate - or at least forward this to people who can. Shi Suxi is a true Shaolin treasure and deserves to be honored by the Shaolin community on such an auspicious birthday.

Welcome Gene. It's about time you joined us on the Dark Side.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I wanted to donate, but the paypal keeps saying "your peyment session has expired"

Comment

donations from the dark side

Hey Steve - if memory serves, didn't I write a forward for this site when it was first launching? Lord knows where that is now, but I think that qualifies, especially since it predates the forum. Just call me a Shaolin sith lord.

Asger - When we first launched this campaign, our paypal account for Tiger Claw Foundation hadn't been set up yet (this is the first time our non-porift branch has tried to us paypal for donations, so bear with us). Please try again, and if it still fails, you can contact Tiger Claw toll free at 1-800-821-5090 or 865-687-1000 if you're outside of the USA. Thanks for your effort.

We've only got four more days to go and we're $125 away from being able to donate $1000 to Grandmaster Suxi. I hope you can all pitch in and support one of Shaolin's great grandmasters. Thanks!

Comment

The Tiger Claw website did not set up the PayPal link correctly. It doesn't direct you to Tiger Claw's account. You might want to look at it.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

What problem are you having exactly?

It's working for others. We've already received payments through it. Some browsers have to have some cookies disabled to use paypal. Might this be the case with you?

If you are having problems, you can just give us a call at that toll free number (that's 1-800-824-2433, if you don't want to scroll up )

Comment

The "donate other amount" link doesn't point towards Tiger Claw. Which, may be a problem with PayPal when dealing with unknown amounts. But not knowing a proper email address makes this link not viable.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

I see. Thanks for the alert. Our fund drive closes today so we probably won't go to the effort of trying to fix it. Using Paypay was experimental for us - we prefer not to use it commercially because of it's refund policies, but in this situation, since we only had two weeks to put this together, it was a quick remedy.

We're $75 away from $1000. Hopefully we can close that in the next few hours. Hope you all can help!

Thanks for letting me fundraise on your forum.

Comment

Last minute contributions

We just received $500 from Shi Xinghao's school and the True Buddha Temple - see the update thread on kungfumagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                  X