acne problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acne problems

don't know if you can help, but i've always had bad acne since i hit puberty, but now its just getting ridicoulous, i'm 19 and still have pretty bad acne, should there be something i should watch out for or could it be health related, last time i went for a blood test i had high biliruban, so would that contribute to poor skin as well

also i have cut out soft drinks, and chocolate and still to no avail

thanks

Have they told you why your bilirubin was high? Uncommon for someone your age, unless you're on certain medications, or you have an undiagnosed liver disorder.

And, are you a weight lifter, professional or otherwise?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

i used to train alot, last year, but right now i train 3x a week in kung fu, and i work at the airport, loading planes for a job

Comment

I don't get what the question is...
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

When I was in high school I used Differen gel during the day and something else at night (Ben-something?) That seemed to work pretty well.
          Having bad acne still at 19 isn't so unusual. Some people still have it into their twenties.

Comment

well right now i'm trying some new stuff, clearasil, but it seems to be drying up the skin alot, so can only use once in a while, so far so good

Comment

I had a bad acne problem. I thought it would stop but I was in my late twenty's still getting pimples.

I went to a skin doc and he put me on Acutane. Basically you take these pills and they dry out your oil glands.

I stopped breaking out after 2 weeks. I never broke out again. Sometimes I get a pimple but nothing like what I used to get.

This is the only sure fire cure for acne. It works permenantly.

I only wish I would have known about it sooner.

Comment

Acutane works, but is rediculously poisonous and does horrendous things to pregnant woman. But its ok as prescribed for most people.

Creatine and other specific weight lifting supplements can aggravate acne issues. I think that's what doc alluded to.

Basically, see a medical proffesional. Go to your M.D. or acupunturist. Acupuncture won't help that much, but herbal prescriptions can help alot, and in most of the country licensed acupuncturists are also licensed herbalists.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Acupuncture is not going to get rid of acne.

I tryed a million different things. The only one that works is Acutane.

I hope you use this advice. It will change your life. Anything else won't work and will just waste precious time.

Comment

I had it fairly bad, but what happened was I kept irritating my skin with differnt crap I used. I eventually got the Proactive stuff and that works like a charm.

Proactive is very unaffordable, I know, but Wal-Mart has a 1/2 price knockoff that works well. I sometimes will get a small breakout on my chest or back, but then I just use Seabreeze, and that will fix it for a long while.

I don't know if you have really really bad acne, but mine was fairly bad.
                    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I'll get to this. My second T1 line is down, so I can't use my laptop. Should get it all repaired tomw.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

I had very bad acne in my late teens, early twenties (still get breakouts, but not as bad.) I tried Differin, Clearasil, antibiotics (Doxycycline), and even Acutane. Nothing really worked. Acutane reduced it, but didn't get rid of it, and it just came back a few months after getting off. (You can only be on Acutane for about 4 months, then you have to take a break, and can go back on it a second time if need be, but my roommate got tumors the doctor believed was related to Acutane, that sorta scared me off.)

The only thing I've found that really works is Proactive solutions. Yes, it's about $40 every 2 months, but damn it works well! If you follow what you're supposed to do, it reduces the acne and prevents large breakouts. There's a Wal-mart rip off as was mentioned before, seems to work fairly well too. The key is to follow the directions though.

Comment

Acutane only requires a three month cycle.
                          Your dosage probably wasn't high enough.
                          I pretty much had the worst acne there is and it stopped it.
                          For good.

Also just use plain soap when washing your face. Wash it several times a day.

I am not familiar with pro-active solutions but it sounds very much like some sales gimmick.
                          The name is horrible. If it is any type of external rub I wouldn't trust it. Or if it is on an infomercial.

Comment

Well, my acutane required a 4 month cycle, with blood tests taken every month to check triglyceride levels. ACutane was prescribed by a dermatologist, I'd hope they'd know what they were doing.

You shouldn't wash your face several times a day - it takes away the natural oils of the face, drying it out, and your skin will then try to replenish the oils, potentially causing more acne.

I have personal experience with pro-active solutions, and it worked for me. Don't dismiss something you've never tried, especially when people write about how it has helped them.

Comment

you're arguing over acne treatments.

this forum should win some kind of award.

Comment

Working...
                              X